• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lpso708

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    An I am glad you do. I wanted to kill two birds with one stone or to say the best of both worlds an save some money. Thank you for the help I knew I get good advice here.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    You won't enjoy shooting a rifle can on a .22 pistol, but on a rifle it will be a bit more manageable. The weight being the real concern.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    The actual MAIN concern is this however....

.22LR is SUPER DIRTY. They leave tons of carbon and lead deposits in the can. The problem with shooting .22 out of a .223 can is that the .223 can is almost always sealed (there's a couple serviceable centerfire cans out there) so you can't get in there to get the junk out. This junk can reduce performance of your suppressor over time, or can get knocked loose when you fire higher-pressure centerfire ammo through it and has the potential to cause baffle strikes.

Do yourself a favor. Get a centerfire can AND a rimfire can. If you don't have the budget for that, skip the centerfire can.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    The actual MAIN concern is this however....

.22LR is SUPER DIRTY. They leave tons of carbon and lead deposits in the can. The problem with shooting .22 out of a .223 can is that the .223 can is almost always sealed (there's a couple serviceable centerfire cans out there) so you can't get in there to get the junk out. This junk can reduce performance of your suppressor over time, or can get knocked loose when you fire higher-pressure centerfire ammo through it and has the potential to cause baffle strikes.

Do yourself a favor. Get a centerfire can AND a rimfire can. If you don't have the budget for that, skip the centerfire can.
    :yesway::yesway:

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Was look at a DeGroat Tactical Armaments NANO

Looks like an interesting can, but remember, you will be sacrificing suppression with .22LR because of the 9mm bore size, and you will sacrifice suppression on 9mm because of the small volume. I'd be interesting to see how it meters. Haven't ever seen numbers on these.

The price is pretty close to AAC Element, which is the top (quietest) .22 can on the market.

Top Bottom