• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    Every once in a while even a blind squirrel finds a nut. I applaud the obviously correct ruling on the matter but it's going to take far more to restore any kind of faith in the judicial overlords.

down3green

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Brown County

Apparently there was a "majority" opinion and a "minority" opinion and they disagreed on exactly why it was unconstitutional. In that regard it looks like it was a split decision of sorts.

Palarran

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I read the decision. Scalia, joined by the other conservatives (except Alito) and Sotomayor, wrote the majority opinion. It primarily focused on the common law trespass aspect of the case while acknowledging the privacy issue. Alito, joined by the remaining liberal justices, wrote a concurring opinion that focused entirely on the privacy portion, expounding on what this right should mean in this case, but ignored the trespass aspect. Sotomayor(!) wrote a very well reasoned concurring opinion that basically said that both arguments were right, but that Alito's opinion was incorrect in ignoring the trespass of the officers, which should have been controlling.

All in all, a very good decision.

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Naw, there will be some but most of us I am sure will find no flaw in their decision. I know that when I heard it I was like ,"well duh."
    Of course you were. But very few in the fed departments and the drug bureaus aren't crying their eyes out. Guys like you are becoming an exception, not the rule, it seems.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I made a fool of myself doing a little dance in the Walgreens when I saw this on my Iphone. I was checking the headlines while waiting to meet w/ the manager when I saw this and got happy.

I am very glad with this decision. I do want the "bad guys" caught and prosecuted - just placing liberty and freedom above safety.

A good step in the proper direction!

Regards,

Doug

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    I believe the lower court decision did overturn his conviction. The Supreme Court simply concurred with the lower court decision. End of appeals process!!! :)

--- NavyVet

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Of course you were. But very few in the fed departments and the drug bureaus aren't crying their eyes out. Guys like you are becoming an exception, not the rule, it seems.

I believe the Feds operate in a "bubble" out of touch with reality. I find that there can be a disconnect between us street level cops and Federal Agents. Things common sense to us isn't always common to them.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    I believe the lower court decision did overturn his conviction. The Supreme Court simply concurred with the lower court decision. End of appeals process!!! :)

--- NavyVet

Is this what happened? If so I'm glad to hear it.

They will claim he's a suspected terrorist and lock him up indefinately in a military prison. Or just claim hes a terorist so its ok to gps track him :dunno:

Bite. Your. Tongue.

Top Bottom