• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    So the INGO suppressor info I'm used to seeing is about Thompson Machine, YHM, AAC, Gemtech, SAS, Silencerco, etc. I don't hear to much talk about Surefire's line of suppressors.

I watched their demo video the other day and was curious if anyone here on INGO has any experience with them? I'm still a bit confused about their attachment system and how it works exactly.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJGEQXijLTo"]YouTube - SureFire Suppressor video[/ame]

Thoughts?

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    So the INGO suppressor info I'm used to seeing is about Thompson Machine, YHM, AAC, Gemtech, SAS, Silencerco, etc. I don't hear to much talk about Surefire's line of suppressors.

Thoughts?

Good question! (As samrothstein01 sits and waits patiently for input). :D

My interest is particularly peaked in the mini and micro lines for 5.56. If those live up to the hype, I am uncertain I could pass one up.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    I watched the demo a couple of days ago and checked pricing. I have also been trying to decide if I want to save up then track one down and pay the 1400+200+tax etc. Although I like the quick connect setup and I think that the mini or micro would look better on a 16" AR than many on the longer ones I have seen.
    Interested to see what kind of info INGO gathers on the subject. They really just talked about their suppressors in general and the connecting system and not so much about the mini and micro and how they compare to the larger models etc.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Are you calling me 'poor'? :D

$1400 is salty. But I want to know why? Are they better?

AFAIK, the Surefire cans provide less POI shift than many if not most other brands/types. At least, that's the claim their ads always play up. But such repeatability (and the Surefire name) comes with a hefty pricetag.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZFXZQMOkN0&p=4F815A24DCED7564&playnext=1&index=31]YouTube - Surefire Mini vs FA556 Suppressor[/ame]

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    I'm still a bit confused about their attachment system and how it works exactly. snip

it is a compression type clamp. the suppressor is installed over the barrel then the rear is turned 90 deg to set tension on the barrel itself. this might be good if you cant don't have a muzzle devise.

Last edited:

stoyan79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    They are sure not selling any in my neck of the woods. I've had suppressors for a while now and I frequent Silencer Talk and didn't even know until recently that Surefire is making suppressors.

At this price I don't care what they have to offer, and having military contracts does not necessarily mean that they suppressors are good, it only means they knew the right person behind the right desk.

They've been selling a decent amount of them for a few years now...

Between Surefire and OpsInc. they have a significant chunk of the .mil contracts.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    They are sure not selling any in my neck of the woods. I've had suppressors for a while now and I frequent Silencer Talk and didn't even know until recently that Surefire is making suppressors.

At this price I don't care what they have to offer, and having military contracts does not necessarily mean that they suppressors are good, it only means they knew the right person behind the right desk.

Like anything else in the world, people have opinions on products. IMHO, I tend to lump Surefire and OpsInc. in with places like Knights Armament. Yes they make fine products and yes, they are expensive, but the products work. I personally wouldn't drop the kind of $ places like Surefire and Knights ask for their wares but I won't fault others who would. I've not personally messed with any of the Surefire cans but the folks I know who have used them are impressed with them.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI

I watched their demo video the other day and was curious if anyone here on INGO has any experience with them? I'm still a bit confused about their attachment system and how it works exactly.

YouTube - SureFire Suppressor video

Thoughts?

IS THAT A HEART BEAT SENSOR AT 1:40????????

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Like anything I have ever handled by Surefire, I'm sure they beat their competition hands down. That said, I doubt I'll be dropping that kind of money on a can.

Last edited:

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I have a friend who recently came back from the sandbox who had real life combat experience with one of these cans. He was impressed enough that now he is saving up to purchase one for himself.

stoyan79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    I am very impressed with the size of their smaller cans, and I can't believe nobody else is making small cans like these.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    I have no 1st hand experience with them. But I know that for me a few hundred less for an AAC M4-2000 and others I would probably be just as happy. There are so many good sounding and good built 5.56 cans on the market I think you would be buying a name just like a Wilson Combat silencer over priced for how they sound/built. Surefire makes a good can I'm told but come on, that's a lot of money for what they are selling.

Top Bottom