• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    Have to be careful with the Jungle Carbines. There are a lot of "fakes" (usually cut down No. 4's) out there. There was a company in CA (whose name I can't remember for the life of me right now) that did this with a lot of rifles. They're pretty easy to spot if you know what to look for though (sights, markings, etc.).

Here are some good tips for the uninitiated: Is that "Jungle Carbine" Real or Fake? - The Firearm BlogThe Firearm Blog

The CA company was named Santa FE, that faked No. 5's.

I have restored a couple of Enfields myself, but it's getting really tough and expensive to find the forend wood intact.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I could be mixed up, but I think the one from the INGO classifieds came from me. In any case, I deeply regret letting that one go!

You are correct Rob. The one you sold me is the nicest of the 4 Enfields I own. You gave me a fair price on it considering the nice condition which I appreciate. I watched that rifle in the classifieds for 2 weeks and finally my willpower gave out. :):

There is a restored No 4 Mk 1 in the classifieds right now.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...hotguns/444689-enfield-number-4-mark-1-a.html

Last edited:

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Thanks for the link and info on the faked No 5 Jungle Carbines. I hope to find an original condition example someday.

Agreed, the parts to restore an Enfield can be difficult to find. When I restored the two No 1 Mk 3's I got the fore ends from Liberty Tree Collectors. They were take off's from old drill rifles and required a little work to make them presentable.

https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/productcart/pc/viewcategories.asp?idCategory=62

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The CA company was named Santa FE, that faked No. 5's.

I have restored a couple of Enfields myself, but it's getting really tough and expensive to find the forend wood intact.
    Thanks Mike! It was right on the tip of my tongue (fingers) but couldn't remember to save my life.

11B20

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    I too love Enfields. I have two No.4 MK1, A BSA MK5 jungle carbine and a Gibbs rifle fake jungle carbine. The Gibbs rifle is a 2A cut down to look a jungle carbine. That gun is a blast to shoot.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    FalconRC369
    Top Bottom