• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Just found out my MIL and SIL are going to join my wife and I for our last weekend of our upcoming 9-10 day vacation in UP Michigan and my MIL will be riding along with us for the 10 hour drive home. :faint:

My SIL is a med student, turned raving Lib by academia, but a good kid and we get along well enough unless politics are brought up.

My MIL and I have reasons to despise each other, but we have had a truce and I hope I stays that way. She hasn't been up to my Wife's family's cottage since her and my FIL divorced about 20 years ago.

It's going to be an interesting weekend, especially the part where I figure out how to keep an 18" Tac/HD 870 hidden and then out to the car unnoticed.

Last edited:

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Good luck.

I use a bag chair bag for those situations :cool:

257834D2-BF8A-4AB5-83D4-7BF9CAD453E5_zpsgkicpfra.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Good luck. I try to avoid drama when I can, but you may have to just to tell her/them, you are who you are, get over it and STFU.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Picking friends to enjoy is a great thing, relatives, especially inlaws are a whole different story. And they usually seem intent to share their brand of misery into others lives. I hope it is at least peaceful for you.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Good luck. I try to avoid drama when I can, but you may have to just to tell her/them, you are who you are, get over it and STFU.

+1 I couldn't have said it better myself. Be yourself and if they can't/won't accept you as you are then well F'em.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Happy wife, happy life.

In this case, I'm tempted to say, "Different wife, happy life".

A weekend with sour puss MIL and a med student who is sure he's got the world figured out might push me over the edge.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    It's going to be an interesting weekend, especially the part where I figure out how to keep an 18" Tac/HD 870 hidden and then out to the car unnoticed.

hide it? why? your car, your vacation, your guns. don't know how long you've been married, but don't set yourself up for a lifetime of having to pretend to be someone else...

-rvb

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    hide it? why? your car, your vacation, your guns. don't know how long you've been married, but don't set yourself up for a lifetime of having to pretend to be someone else...
    -rvb

^This^ Be yourself. If she has issues with that politely remind her that she is under no obligation to remain in the car with you and that you will gladly pull to the side and let her out.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    -rvb

^This^ Be yourself. If she has issues with that politely remind her that she is under no obligation to remain in the car with you and that you will gladly pull to the side and let her out.

Pffft. Pull to the side....If it were my MIL, I'd tell her to Tuck and Roll.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Undocumented Aliens (Illegal Immigrants)

Take you and your wife's passports. Make a surprise side trip to visit Canada. Hopefully SIL and MIL won't have their passports and you can just leave them at the border with your pepper spray, fruit and Cuban cigars and let ICE deal with them for the rest of the trip. Be sure to hide your gun in the stealthy chair bag so Border Patrol doesn't find it.

Top Bottom