• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • R3p1lc3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2024
    English
    I received an "Impact Survey" from Judicial Watch in the mail today. I'm not familiar with this organization at all.
    I figured this community would have the scoop? I got a 7 page letter informing me of all the immigration tragedy (which I was was already well aware of)
    along with a 6 count questioner.

Should I take the time?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    They are a conservative watchdog group. They often use freedom of information act requests and if needed lawsuits to expose government corruption. Good organization. All that said be sure the survey is legit, I am suspicious of surveys.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Judicial watch is the one of two political organization's I give money to. The other being the NRA, though the last few years Judicial Watch gets most of my donations. Even have a few of their shirts.
    In my opinion they are the only real legal team fully in support of the constitution(all amendments included). They have done some amazing work and good with the resources they have.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    What others have said. Judicial Watch is a conservative watchdog group that goes after political abuses by the left. They've been quite effective with limited resources compared to other groups. IMHO they're straight arrow and worthy of support. They have a broader scope than the 2A lawsuits and legislation that GOA, FPC, 2AF, and NAGR focus on.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I used to really respect Judicial Watch. When they started many years ago they seemed to be an equal opportunity watchdog, attacking liberals and conservatives with near equal vigor.

After a few years they seemed to swing to a very biased right wing group. Needless to say I stopped paying them much mind.

I don't mind people or organizations being left or right leaning. That's fine and important for both sides to push against the others folly. I just tend to believe an organization that shows no preference nor prejudice to one side or the other has a high credibility when making a point.

As an example I don't mind when media groups attack false statements by Donald Trump. They SHOULD call out his lies and alleged criminal escapades. I just want them to spend the same amount of enthusiasm attacking Joe Biden, Hillary Clinton, George Santos and others as well. Imagine having a news organization that actually did that? They would probably be the most respected source of information around. Sadly, we don't have one.

And such is the same now with Judicial Watch. To my thinking they are no longer trustworthy as their bias tilts against trustworthiness.

In all fairness to them I haven't read their work in years. I got tired of it.

If you want to support someone tilting heavily conservative (in my opinion) they're a good group.

Regards,

Doug

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I received an "Impact Survey" from Judicial Watch in the mail today. I'm not familiar with this organization at all.
    I figured this community would have the scoop? I got a 7 page letter informing me of all the immigration tragedy (which I was was already well aware of)
    along with a 6 count questioner.

Should I take the time?
    Thanks for posting. I just added these guys to my list of news/information places of interest.
    I'm surprised I've never heard of them until today.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I used to really respect Judicial Watch. When they started many years ago they seemed to be an equal opportunity watchdog, attacking liberals and conservatives with near equal vigor.

After a few years they seemed to swing to a very biased right wing group. Needless to say I stopped paying them much mind.

I don't mind people or organizations being left or right leaning. That's fine and important for both sides to push against the others folly. I just tend to believe an organization that shows no preference nor prejudice to one side or the other has a high credibility when making a point.

As an example I don't mind when media groups attack false statements by Donald Trump. They SHOULD call out his lies and alleged criminal escapades. I just want them to spend the same amount of enthusiasm attacking Joe Biden, Hillary Clinton, George Santos and others as well. Imagine having a news organization that actually did that? They would probably be the most respected source of information around. Sadly, we don't have one.

And such is the same now with Judicial Watch. To my thinking they are no longer trustworthy as their bias tilts against trustworthiness.

In all fairness to them I haven't read their work in years. I got tired of it.

If you want to support someone tilting heavily conservative (in my opinion) they're a good group.

Regards,

Doug
    JW and groups like them go after power. In case you don’t know, AF has little power to go after but your TDS slip is showing here. It is thinking like you put in this post that weakens the fight to balance that power, a goal you give lip to but probably do little for. That you call them a “news organization” tells me you have no idea what they do

R3p1lc3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2024
    English
    One of ”them”, huh? :hehe:
    Yes I am, they can earn it back. I will be more generous when able. I felt the little dollars I could spare over the last few years were better spent with GOA.

My brothers dad was chairman for the FO-NRA for a while up to last year I think, he is now the treasurer . They do well for NRA and pick up where I slacked.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Yes I am, they can earn it back. I will be more generous when able. I felt the little dollars I could spare over the last few years were better spent with GOA.
    Check out 2A Project. It's here in Indiana, and they fight for our 2A rights in the state house.

Donations to a good Guy. Pun intended ;)
    @GuyRelford

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    JW and groups like them go after power. In case you don’t know, AF has little power to go after but your TDS slip is showing here. It is thinking like you put in this post that weakens the fight to balance that power, a goal you give lip to but probably do little for. That you call them a “news organization” tells me you have no idea what they do

I made no claim that JW is a "news organization." If I implied that then I didn't word my posting well enough.

I used an analogy with news organizations. Yes, the did go after just power. They attacked several issues within the Bush administration. I respected them for that. They are no longer simply going after power, they are, in my opinion, a right wing attack organization. If they were a "middle of the road" attack organization going after conservatives as hard as liberals then they would retain my respect.

I know exactly what they did. I've been on their mailing list for over a decade.

If they were still an organization going after power and corruption on both sides I would still respect them. They're not. I don't.

Regards,

Doug

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I made no claim that JW is a "news organization." If I implied that then I didn't word my posting well enough.

I used an analogy with news organizations. Yes, the did go after just power. They attacked several issues within the Bush administration. I respected them for that. They are no longer simply going after power, they are, in my opinion, a right wing attack organization. If they were a "middle of the road" attack organization going after conservatives as hard as liberals then they would retain my respect.

I know exactly what they did. I've been on their mailing list for over a decade.

If they were still an organization going after power and corruption on both sides I would still respect them. They're not. I don't.

Regards,

Doug
    To much fodder to go after on the liberal/Democrat side to even worry about the right/conservative side for the last several decades. It is a conservative organization after all.

Top Bottom