Btown Rural

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    In the circles I run with virtually no one describes themselves that way.
    I'm not saying the article is wrong, I'm just saying I have my doubts.

Right. How many folks actually view the site https://www.primalsurvivor.net/ ? Web searchers only, would be my guess?

Normal Hoosier country living could be described as "survivalist" or "preppers," correct?

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    Self described ............. :)
    I know a lot of people who (for example) identify as a carpenter , and I would not let them frame a dog house for me .
    I suppose that anyone can say or even think that they are survivalist.......it just doesn`t make it true .
    I know several people with that claim that would more than likely be dead after a 3 day event .

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I can’t help but be amazed by the folks in Commifornia that are going nuts because it snowed.

I also take note of folks that identify as preppers and to me it’s called Tuesday. :dunno:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I can’t help but be amazed by the folks in Commifornia that are going nuts because it snowed.

I also take note of folks that identify as preppers and to me it’s called Tuesday. :dunno:
    Well, to be fair, some of that snow looked to be shoulder to head height deep. They're not used to that. UP Michigan, Buffalo, NY, Canada? Maybe. Northeastern states are getting pounded now.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Well, to be fair, some of that snow looked to be shoulder to head height deep. They're not used to that. UP Michigan, Buffalo, NY, Canada? Maybe. Northeastern states are getting pounded now.
    Gotcha, and I do realize that. And a lot of the homes are not built to the same codes we have in the Midwest. I understand this is a once in a maybe lifetime storm. But the people I saw on TV we’re complaining that the gov should come and fix the problem.

If you saw other homes caved in due to the weight of snow, wouldn’t you get up there and at least attempt to shovel it off? Or pay someone to do it? I believe I would. I wouldn’t complain that the gov should do it.

I didn’t take wind direction into full consideration when I built my largest barn, due to that I sometime have 5 or 6 ft deep drifts 12 to 20 yards wide rite in front of the doors, couldn’t get the tractor out to feed. I had to wade in and get a scoop shovel and scoop a drive out. That was our first or second year after we built the house. That was 23 years ago. It hasn’t caught me a second time. And if it did, I wouldn’t expect the gov to do something about it.

I guess I‘m perturbed because those folks thought it was a problem for the gov to solve. JMO.

OK ranting done.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Gotcha, and I do realize that. And a lot of the homes are not built to the same codes we have in the Midwest. I understand this is a once in a maybe lifetime storm. But the people I saw on TV we’re complaining that the gov should come and fix the problem.

If you saw other homes caved in due to the weight of snow, wouldn’t you get up there and at least attempt to shovel it off? Or pay someone to do it? I believe I would. I wouldn’t complain that the gov should do it.

I didn’t take wind direction into full consideration when I built my largest barn, due to that I sometime have 5 or 6 ft deep drifts 12 to 20 yards wide rite in front of the doors, couldn’t get the tractor out to feed. I had to wade in and get a scoop shovel and scoop a drive out. That was our first or second year after we built the house. That was 23 years ago. It hasn’t caught me a second time. And if it did, I wouldn’t expect the gov to do something about it.

I guess I‘m perturbed because those folks thought it was a problem for the gov to solve. JMO.

OK ranting done.
    Too many people look at the government as Big Daddy

Top Bottom