Survey: What "Reasonable Gun Law Reform" would/could you accept?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    :yesway: :+1:

There are only two reasonable reforms. The Second Amendment is very plain. It is a right. Rights do not come with strings attached, and if they do, they are not rights, but rather revocable privileges. First, the only acceptable solution is proper adherence to the Second Amendment, particularly the 'shall not be infringed' part and there should be no conditions or restrictions on anyone's rights except during times of incarceration in a correctional or mental health institution. As soon as their feet hit the sidewalk, their rights are back with them. Second, anyone advocating, lobbying for, introducing to congress, voting in congress for, or signing as president any law restricting the Second Amendment should face MANDATORY treason charges for having done so.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    21, but I will say that it does bother me that anyone can buy anything at a gunshow without background checks. You see it all the time. And you know thats how many felons/criminals get their weapons.

Oh really!? Where did you hear that? Anti-gun talking points? I'm going to let you in on a little secret, THERE IS NO GUNSHOW LOOPHOLE. THERE IS NO GUNSHOW LOOPSHOLE, THERE IS NO GUNSHOW LOOPHOLE. Try buying a firearm from a vendor at a gun show without a background check. The gunshow loophole is more accurately described as a private sale. If I were to sell one of my firearms to you, it is legal because I am selling my property to you for a price, and I cannot legally sell you my firearms if I know that you are a felon or an otherwise improper person.

There is a black market for firearms, but since you made a claim I want you to provide proof with specific examples that you have witnessed at a gunshow of felons/criminals purchasing "anything." Please enlighten me, I would like to know which gun shows that criminals are able to buy RPGs and automatic weapons without background checks.

Agreed. I want to see proof of what was asserted. I have never seen a gun show vendor sell without a background check. Besides, they want to stay out of jail and in business. They can do neither if the Feds play sting at the gun show.

Private sales are already regulated by law. One cannot sell to a known felon, etc. Just ask to see their LTCH and driver's license, at least in Indiana. Facts need to be thoroughly understood before speaking. Please take note, there is no gun show loophole.

Marine1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Terre Haute
    1. Mental health check psyc evaluation before purchase
    2.gun safety training with the purchase of a firearm
    3.gun permit apps must go through a self defense coarse
    4.waiting time 7days or more
    5 checks for private sales(we had a LEO shot with a illegal gun)
    6 register all firearms (indiana does not have this)

add these to ones we already have dont change the laws on guns make it harder for a bad guy to get one this includes taking more guns off the streets.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    21, but I will say that it does bother me that anyone can buy anything at a gunshow without background checks. You see it all the time. And you know thats how many felons/criminals get their weapons.

And what is the magic number that constitutes "Many"?

According to the 1997 Survey of State Prison Inmates, among those possessing a gun, the source of the gun was from -

a flea market or gun show for fewer than 2%
    a retail store or pawnshop for about 12%
    family, friends, a street buy, or an illegal source for 80%
    Firearms and Crime Statistics

The "Gun Show Loophole" is a fallacious rumor based on the fear of something that might happen. It's not even a loophole, it's a made up name.

Please Sir, we are our own worst enemy when we play the Anti's game by their rules (which change continually). Stop buying into their hype and lies, stop spreading them as well.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

add these to ones we already have dont change the laws on guns make it harder for a bad guy to get one this includes taking more guns off the streets.

Are you out of Purple ink or are you an anti-gunner trolling for a reaponse?

How about instead of making new laws for the criminals and mentally ill to CONTINUE TO IGNORE, we remove the INFRINGEMENTS that have made on the Citizens and make it harder for the Criminals and mentally ill to succeed and continue to draw breath?

Last edited:

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Does rescind present gun laws count as a "gun law"?

I think a Global change is necessary. We need to clean up the books, and just make it simple. Something like, Oh lets say........

Amendment II A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

A friend once gave the 2nd Amendment to an English teacher who studied language of the time period it was written.

"Well regulated" Means proficient. A "well regulated" watch keeps good time. And of course infringed means exactly what it says. That about covers it.

pleiades

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    23 is the best... but on your list, 21. Or how about 24 - rewrite the Constitution like Piers Morgan thinks we should do (and the Bible, while we're at it)

jdoxs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    This may be a really stupid idea, as I have no idea of what there is on the legal books right now about firearms and to speak of something that you know nothing about is wrong! As well as it seems to be my nature to have one or two stupid ideas every 4 years anyhow,..lol!
    How about we enforce the firearms laws that exist at this time! Even with that done and everyone happy, something tells me that all of the old, or current, firearms laws that are written,... would have no effect on anything, that would help those people that suffer from psychological disorders. Not to mention to help heal, detect, or sift out the would-be criminals that have a mental illness that would lead to a psychotic break down,... Lets not forget about correcting any of the problems that exist at home, when addressing the issues regarding the moral fiber of the family unit within this country! I am a firm believer that it all starts at home, and that is where we need to start, with our kids and teaching them proper firearm safety!
    Next to agreeing with question 21,... If gun control laws have to be subjected on legal law abiding gun owners,... perhaps a really good, hard, look is in order as to why those laws don't seem to do stop senseless killing.
    Last but not least,.... (lol!), another novel idea,... Perhaps those people in the news media and the self acclaimed fame seeking law makers should stop blaming and sensationalizing those crimes as the responsibility of law abiding folks and make the criminals responsible for what they do! Naw,.. where is the fun in that, I mean money and fame in that!!!

sellersdw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    I think we should focus more on empowerment of individuals to protect others. Create a federally funded program (since they like to spend money) like the one for airline pilots that trains and certifies non LEO people. Make the certification at a federal level that allows carry in any state, in airplanes, gun free zones, and anywhere else. Provide rectification and the same liability protection that is given when you get certified in CPR.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I think we should focus more on empowerment of individuals to protect others. Create a federally funded program (since they like to spend money) like the one for airline pilots that trains and certifies non LEO people. Make the certification at a federal level that allows carry in any state, in airplanes, gun free zones, and anywhere else. Provide rectification and the same liability protection that is given when you get certified in CPR.

Why, oh why do people continue to think that anything the Federal Givt does is going to make things better?

The best thing the Govt could do is repeal all firearms laws/rules/ regulations and GTF Out Of The Way.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008

Wow that is scary right there. You do know that gun registration only leads to confiscation, right? And exactly how would gun registration make anything safer?

sgtonory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Carmel
    21 2nd amendment is pretty clear. Shall not be infringed!! No laws, no background checks no tax nothing they are all a infringement.

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Ditto... I'm not sure where all these anti-American communists came from but they need to get out of our Capitol and out of our country.

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012

Well, that will be the dumbest thing I'll read today. :rolleyes:

AJMD429

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    You don't "compromise" when lives are at stake.

Our nation's future is in the hands of the Republican 'leadership' now, on this issue, as well as the economy and health care. If they stand by (or return to) Constitutional principles on all the issues, we'll be fine. If not, we are SO screwed.

Top Bottom