• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    Thanks for the rep guys and also yes that offer is good for anyone that wants to learn. I would be more than happy to take anyone out and show them the ropes. Its fun and it never hurts to know. Just let me know what you are wanting to learn and if I can help with it, I will.

Jacobm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Newton County
    Look up brain tanning. It's a diy and you can start out with a small game hide. No cost just your labor. I've done it a few times, it's not the most fun you'll have but it will be a hide you can be proud of.

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    I'm trying to get msg2 started back up and I'm pretty sure that's where the grouping you'd be in. We are all over the place now. An example would be a small group would come up to your place. And teach us about skinning and anything else your good with. Then other people would do the same for you. My plan for msg2 is helping one another anything from needing help moving to a house burning down and needing help back on your feet and a free place to stay for you family for a week.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Doesn't matter what time of year, parasites don't recognize seasons. They have a nice, stable, temperature-controlled environment (at least the warm-blooded hosts provide that). You can get them any time of year from uncooked/undercooked meat.

That's why I don't do sushi.

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Yes it would where about do you live in noblesville. I used to live in deer chase and my.mother still lives there

El Guero

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2011
    Nw Indiana
    this tread bring nice memories, where we used to skin the rabbits and goats, we hang them from the legs and open a little hole in the leg, then we blow air with a bike pump to get the animal blotted and the skin separated, then we cut the skin from the legs, belly and arms then back at the neck, then we removed most of fat left at the skin, stretched in a piece of wood and nails and spread that with lime powder so it do not smell and decompose, let it dry for days and you can pile up the skin beat it with a piece of wood to soften let it cure for days and is ready to go.

we also skin some pigs but we eat them en chicharrones lol.

RAMBOCAT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    if you add a one quart bowl/pot with a wire bail for hanging over a fire. you can use it to boil water, make soup, use for dipping liquids...... a stainless steel dog bowl with a wire bail added is great. weight is little and filled with other things, takes up very little room. then use it to make soup/stew using all the small critters and veggies you find.

Top Bottom