• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    ****Updated part 4 of the series, Emerging from Shelter*******************

Here is the first video in a series I am putting together on how to greatly increase your chances of surviving a nuclear bomb. The first video focuses on the first minutes of the event, from the flash to the bang and blast wave. In it I teach you how to discern a number of things from the information the bomb itself provides, how far away it is, what the bomb's yield is, the origin of the bomb and the probabilities of whether or not this is a single event or the start of all out war.

I hope you enjoy, any feedback is appreciated.

http://youtu.be/6kOU0uusKPE

Here is an update with part 2 of the series, decisions.

http://youtu.be/UZSTBv4EWnU

Here is part 3, dealing with radiation

http://youtu.be/QGraGWtktrk

Part 4, Emerging from Shelter

http://youtu.be/B3AEQqjqr68

Last edited:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    First , thanks for putting together this series , if the information is accurate it might prove to be quite helpful .

However , I'm gonna go ahead and be the dick here and ask who are you that we should believe any of your advice and what are your qualifications / expertise on this matter ?

Armed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Michiana
    Interesting stuff, I live about 90 miles from chicago which is the closest big city to me but I doubt it would be the first target of any of our enemies, id say new york or california residents would be the ones who need to worry most! that's what they get stupid liberals! ha

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    First , thanks for putting together this series , if the information is accurate it might prove to be quite helpful .

However , I'm gonna go ahead and be the dick here and ask who are you that we should believe any of your advice and what are your qualifications / expertise on this matter ?

Well, this particular matter I cant say that it is more than a "hobby" of mine. You will find the information to be true if you want to put in the time to research it. The conjecture about the origin of the weapons is my own based on available information.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I appreciate the time you take to try and educate/help people. I think the soldier and glasses getup is a little weird but hey I can get past it. It might turn some off though.
    Keep the vids coming, ill watch

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If you think .22's are hard to find now, imagine finding food, gasoline, basic medical supplies, etc. after a blast--even if it were clear out in CA.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    I appreciate the time you take to try and educate/help people. I think the soldier and glasses getup is a little weird but hey I can get past it. It might turn some off though.
    Keep the vids coming, ill watch

Thanks. The soldier "getup" started out as a joke when I decided to start doing videos. As long as I dont get flamed too bad I might keep it or a variation. Think of it as a "brand" if you will. As long as a base of people feel comfortable with it maybe it will work. This is my "home" forum and I know quite a few of you. Thanks for your support.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    I already learned about this in 3rd grade back in the 50's.

You get under your desk and cover your head.

Simple.

Unfortunately that might be all kids in the 50's learned. I would be interested to know what else they taught. You should watch the rest of the video (if you didn't) as I doubt they taught estimated yields. I am trying to give folks a method of thinking, how they can pull every last bit of useful information out of a crappy situation to make it better. Besides, you will need the information to make the decisions I propose in the next parts of the series.

I would also like some of the military folks to let me know if they told you any of the info and in what years they talked about it. I pulled some of this info out of some old military manuals. At the end of the series I will list my sources.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Sorry, until you put the American Flag right side up in your avatar, I'll continue to consider you an unpatriotic fear monger.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    THE FLAG CODE
    Title 36, U.S.C., Chapter 10
    As amended by P.L. 344, 94th Congress
    Approved July 7, 1976

§ 176. Respect for flag: No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.
    (a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

Now, if you were in the military and fought for that flag, I guess I say you have a right to that opinion.

On the other hand, if you weren't in the military, you are showing MAJOR disrespect to those who are fighting and have died for what that flag represents.

Which are you?

Vietnam Vet. 1969-1975

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I have been through many hours of training and have come to one conclusion. I don't want to survive the blast. If I am with in 100 miles of the blast I hope it goes off on top of my head.

We don't have the training, equipment or the government backing for us to survive such a blast.

The truth about such a blast is that the government gave up on us surviving such a blast. They don't even teach first responders on how to survive such any more. That is why it isn't taught in school any more.

The burns from the fire storm would over whelm the Hospitals that remained. Then there is the fallout. That is a really nice way to die. Look it up if you want to have some thing to dream about tonight that will wake you up.

Then after the blast and you survive because you lived past the danger zone. Then there is the after math of removing the top 6"of soil so you can plant food. Where will that equipment come form? Then the soil has to be prepared for growing with fertilizer and mulch. I have no Idea where you are going to get all that stuff. Will it be shipped in? How? The part of the country that survived will be fighting a war with the S.O.B. that dropped the bomb.

Then again I don't think that we will be doing much of any thing because who ever drops the big one isn't going to drop just one.

The area around Cincinnati is going to be toast. They make to much stuff for war. Washington D.C. is toast. The hole East cost is history, all the bases. There wouldn't be much remaining after the dust settles. That is why the government isn't doing any thing to plan for our survival. They don't know if even they will survive.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom