• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Last night I sent a note to Representative Brooks asking where she stood on the issue of Bans and additional legislation. Just a canned response so far. I'll be calling her this afternoon.

Dear Friend,

Thank you for contacting me with your thoughts and ideas. I look forward to working with and serving the people of Indiana's 5th Congressional District.

I ran for Congress to ensure that future generations, including my two children ages 19 and 22, have the opportunities available to them that my generation had. I believe it is time Congress implements policies to allow everyone the opportunity to achieve the American Dream. This is my first time serving in elected office and I am ready to bring a fresh voice to the issues facing Hoosiers and our country.

This is also the first time in over thirty years that Indiana's 5th Congressional District has a new representative. While we have enjoyed a smooth transition, with the influx of inquiries to the new office it will take me slightly longer to respond to your specific inquiry than I would like. I will respond more specifically to your inquiry in the coming weeks. Thank you for your patience in this regard.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Your thoughts and opinions are of critical importance to me as I work to represent our district. I sincerely appreciate your comments and look forward to hearing from you in the future. Feel free to contact my staff if we can ever be of assistance. Please know that I will always work to serve Hoosiers well.

Sincerely,

Susan W. Brooks
    Member of Congress

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: 1/16/2013 10:35:47 PM
    To: "Representative Susan W. Brooks" <IN05SBIMA@mail.house.gov>
    Cc:
    Subject: IMA MAIL ON We Need Your Help

I'm writing to ask for your help in maintaining our 2A rights. As a lawful gun owner and someone whom you represent in the house, I am concerned that knee jerk reactions to the tragedy at Sandy Hook will further curtail my natural rights, recognized in the Constitution. I would like to know where you stand on universal background checks, magazine bans and bans on semi-auto firearms.

Thank you for your time and consideration of my request.

Respectfully,

My Name

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    That's about the size of it.

She claimed to be a 2A supporter during the campaign, even mentioning our rights to carry. I'll be interested to see if I get a response at all after this. When I call the office today, I'll post an update with that conversation.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I emailed her this morning. Although i did not require a response. Politicians will usually tell you what you want to hear anyway. I did say that if she voted for any gun control measure I would do everything i could (politically) to make sure she would not get reelected.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Regarding Susan Brooks, anybody who would have Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey come and give an endorsement, it needs to be PROVEN to me I can trust her.

At this point, the jury's still out with me.

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    Sorry to resurrect this. I just got the same canned response. Is she ever going to show up and do some work? Address the concerns of her constituents? Does anyone have a recent gut check on what the heck she is doing or where she stands????

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    I got the same response a few weeks ago. I sure hope that she sticks to her pro 2A stand she took when campaigning. We are really going to need her support as this is going to be a much bigger fight than people think especially after watching the circus "gun ban" news conference yesterday.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I usually look at votesmart.org when I'm researching a candidate or official's record.

Here's what they found about her:
    Susan Brooks - Political Positions - - Project Vote Smart

No
    nodeHalfDark.png
    Guns: Do you support restrictions on the purchase and possession of guns? Vote Smart's Research

• Susan Brooks. Issue Position: 2nd Amendment Rights: I am a proud supporter of the 2nd Amendment. 16 April 2012. "I believe in the 2nd Amendment and the right to bear arms. I support federal legislation that would create a national Castle Doctrine, which would give all Americans the right to defend themselves against intruders in their own homes. I will oppose any federal legislation that seeks to undo or preempt Indiana's concealed carry laws and lifetime handgun permits." (www.susanbrooks2012.com)
    • Susan Brooks. Brooks: "Hoosiers in the 5th District deserve a different kind of representative." 8 February 2012. "Like me, my challengers believe in the conservative values of life, marriage and Second Amendment rights." (www.susanbrooks2012.com)

Hope that helps.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I usually look at votesmart.org when I'm researching a candidate or official's record.

Here's what they found about her:
    Susan Brooks - Political Positions - - Project Vote Smart

No
    nodeHalfDark.png
    Guns: Do you support restrictions on the purchase and possession of guns? Vote Smart's Research

• Susan Brooks. Issue Position: 2nd Amendment Rights: I am a proud supporter of the 2nd Amendment. 16 April 2012. "I believe in the 2nd Amendment and the right to bear arms. I support federal legislation that would create a national Castle Doctrine, which would give all Americans the right to defend themselves against intruders in their own homes. I will oppose any federal legislation that seeks to undo or preempt Indiana's concealed carry laws and lifetime handgun permits." (www.susanbrooks2012.com)
    • Susan Brooks. Brooks: "Hoosiers in the 5th District deserve a different kind of representative." 8 February 2012. "Like me, my challengers believe in the conservative values of life, marriage and Second Amendment rights." (www.susanbrooks2012.com)

Hope that helps.

Blessings,
    Bill

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I emailed her last night to express my concern regarding her failure to sign the letter that Mr. Rokita penned that was sent to Obama. I got the exact same canned form-letter as a response.

I replied that I found her "response" disappointing to say the least, and felt it showed a disturbing lack of effort on the part of her and her staff, and hoped she would work harder to honestly and effectively communicate with those that helped put her in office.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I emailed her last night to express my concern regarding her failure to sign the letter that Mr. Rokita penned that was sent to Obama. I got the exact same canned form-letter as a response.

I replied that I found her "response" disappointing to say the least, and felt it showed a disturbing lack of effort on the part of her and her staff, and hoped she would work harder to honestly and effectively communicate with those that helped put her in office.

I found this to be a red flag from someone endorsed by Chris Christie.

Watch for Brooks to "compromise".

I voted for Chard Reid - Liberatarian, instead of Brooks because I expected this.

Say what you like about Dan Burton, but he was good on the gun issues.
    He would've CLEARLY announced that he's not voting for ANY of this and he would've voted NO.

Last edited:

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I've emailed her on Facebook, I've emailed her at her website email address, and I've written letters to Ms. Brooks. I've not received a single response back from her.

Inexcusable, in my mind. One of her opponents in November, Chard Reid, came to us, the people, when we had questions and he answered them in town hall settings - and he wasn't even elected yet.

She's too busy rubbing shoulders with the Republican elites. She has no time for those who she supposedly represents.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Folks in the 5th that voted for her wasted their votes. She was wishy washy and evasive during the election and it looks like that has continued now that she's in place. Thanks a lot. Like Ed, I voted for Chard, who was a vastly better candidate. Too bad the 5ths voters didn't do their work and research the candidates. Of course it didn't help that Brooks avoided every head to head debate that she could with her opponents. Knee jerk republican voters will be the death of us.

Top Bottom