• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    First and foremost thoughts and prayers for the wounded Deputies.

Serving a warrant at 0030 at what appears to be a trailer park? A mobile home wouldn't be a good backstop if bullets start flying. 0030 is after midnight. Nothing good happens after midnight so the people getting served warrants are up and up to no good (just my thoughts).

LEOs: would 0730 have been better? The sun is about up and the baddies would be crashing from a night of bad guy stuff.

Suspect dead after two deputies were shot serving search warrant in Russiaville | Fox 59

UglyAmerican

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Fishers
    Instead of serving the warrant in the middle of the night, terrorizing the neighbors, they could have waited until the suspect left his home, arrested him on his way to wherever, THEN searched the premises. I won't speculate as to why they didn't do that...

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Our thoughts and prayers are with the Deputies and their families.

I find myself questioning why serve a warrant after midnight? I'm sure they had their reasons, I don't have enough knowledge of the tactics for this type of thing. Just trying to understand...

UglyAmerican

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Fishers
    OkieGirl gets it. If the cops had planned things just a little bit better, no one would be shot or dead. However, some people are glad that the SUSPECT is now dead. The SUSPECT.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Our thoughts and prayers are with the Deputies and their families.

I find myself questioning why serve a warrant after midnight? I'm sure they had their reasons, I don't have enough knowledge of the tactics for this type of thing. Just trying to understand...

I doubt many bad people have a dependable and predictable schedule. Pot luck for the draw.
    I've said it many times hearing of these tragedies....Hope the officers involved will be ok....AND Thanks for what LEO does. I don't want the job.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    OkieGirl gets it. If the cops had planned things just a little bit better, no one would be shot or dead. However, some people are glad that the SUSPECT is now dead. The SUSPECT.

Yeah, the suspect. That would be the person that shot two deputies (Unless you propose that they shot themselves?) , one of which COULD have been an extended family member of mine so if you think I'm gonna feel anything but joy that that particular piece of human trash has been removed from society you would be VERY mistaken.

UglyAmerican

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Fishers
    Printcraft, nope, that's not what I was getting at at all.

Spear Dane, you should ask yourself AND your extended family how the warrant could have been better executed.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

Think this through a bit deeper for a moment. He DID shoot 2 Deputies?
    IF You shoot at the "good guys" (I'll give the benefit of the doubt) What do you expect?
    On the time frame of the warrant serve....I understand the possibility of someone being "Not awake" or "out of it" and grabbing a gun and letting go BUT...AND GOOD ADVICE HERE....IF you've got a gun you'd better be damned sure you know how and when to fire it.
    Not saying LEO couldn't have done it better, not saying deceased suspect was not doing anything wrong BUT...Just think about the situation for a moment.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Who needs due process, right?

And how is service of a warrant NOT due process...? Um, yeah.

You may disagree with the way the police did things (I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you're talking about the initial service, and not the SWAT response.) But he got the process he was entitled to.

Once he shot the officers, he took the matter to a whole new level.

Due process is not a safe nerf zone, like the kids at Mizzou think the world should be.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yes, the SUSPECT is dead. They had enough evidence to get a warrant.
    He is (was) still a suspect of drug activity at that point, the original reason for contact.
    He moved directly to perpetrator of a new crime (not suspect) when he decided to attempt to kill the police at his door.
    He wasn't killed because he had meth or weed or whatever.

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    When somebody hears "sheriff department and search warrant" in the middle if the night and still decides to pick up a pistol I think they have decided which road they wanna take. I don't know if the time of the day is really relevant at that point. They know he's home, and most likely asleep giving then the ability to serve the warrant with the element of surprise which equals safety. Having many family members and friends in law enforcement and having done things myself I can assure you surprise is quite important.

Top Bottom