• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Should certain leftists have their 2A right suspended?

• Total voters

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    cool-its-a-trap-gif-212.gif

Why is my heart beating so fast?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Isn't implying/threatening harm already a crime?

Whole lot of gray area between that "implying" and "threatening." And, it depends on the jurisdiction. And, importantly, depends on whether there's a conviction, methinks, for purposes of taking away 2A rights.

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    Not without a due process conviction for an actual crime... though I did consider option 3. Because bacon.

edit: And yes, I would consider threatening violence to be a crime.

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    "...shall not be infringed..." My answer is no. Decisions regarding God-given rights should always favor honoring those rights even when it is unpopular or difficult. Break a law, now that's a different story....

When/if the 2A traitors come to that point in any organized way, we will be well on the way to a second civil war. Any further discussion regarding my thoughts on that would likely run afoul of the rules and get me banned.

Molon labe

Last edited:

307SD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2016
    Down by the river.
    "...shall not be infringed..." My answer is no. Decisions regarding God-given rights should always favor honoring those rights even when it is unpopular or difficult. Break a law, now that's a different story....

When/if the 2A traitors come to that point in any organized way, we will be well on the way to a second civil war. Any further discussion regarding my thoughts on that would likely run afoul of the rules and get me banned.

Molon labe

This! Especially the last sentence.

deeno3432

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 4, 2018
    heartland
    Even though you dont agree with someone doesnt YOU have a right to take their life into your hands by taking away their right to preserve theirs.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    My answer was no. When your constitutional rights can be constrained because the (hypothetical) current powers that be don't like your ideology, you are inviting tyranny. Adjudicated conviction of a disqualifying crime, perhaps (wishy washy word because of the edge conditions of no fly list etc) but no department of precrime, please (that didn't end well, anyway)

Top Bottom