• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    My mother-in-law from my ex wife, and her husband, worked for a large pharma and in the 1990s was in Columbia on company business when they were both kidnapped. The released him after three days but held on to her. After a few days she managed to escape and was tracked down by a man on horseback who pointed a rifle at her. She got the rifle away from him but did not know how to use it. After two weeks she was ransomed unharmed. When they both got back to the states one of the first things they did was get extensive training in firearms of all sorts and took up shooting as a hobby.

Well, that's terrifying.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    If you keep Dr Pepper in a fridge on the back porch, I think I know who the INGOer was......

Seriously, keep your eyes open for a return visit.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Read this to the wife. She passed the test by saying "I wouldn't have stopped to talk to the dude in the first place!"

Glad all is ok RoG.

Read this to my wife as well and asked her what she would have done.

1) She said that she would not have let the guy get close to her.
    2) She wouldn't have told him that she lived there.

She would have gotten the heck outta there and called the police. She wouldn't have returned to the house until dispatch called her back to let her know when an officer was there.

I am proud of her answers.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Thank you Roland for posting this and putting yourself and GF out there for discussion. I, nor anyone else are trying bash you or GF in any way. It is easy for us to sit back now that its over and give our opinions. I hope you and your GF have talked about this and ran through different options for the future.

Most of all I'm glad it turned out ok.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Thank you Roland for posting this and putting yourself and GF out there for discussion. I, nor anyone else are trying bash you or GF in any way. It is easy for us to sit back now that its over and give our opinions. I hope you and your GF have talked about this and ran through different options for the future.

Most of all I'm glad it turned out ok.

No problem, I wanted different perspectives and an open conversation. If a discussion takes place in people's homes as it did in mine, of trying to be safer and more aware that is great.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think calling 911 instead of the non-emergency number would have been acceptable under the circumstances. I would have done so.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Sounds like a Mars Hill Meth-head looking for something, anything, they can grab and go sell. I think your GF did a great job, so did you and so did the LEOs. Used to live on Farnsworth a million years ago.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    She said the doors was locked and the vehicle was in drive up until she decided to go into the house. The car does have electronic locks that lock themselves when the vehicle is put into gear.

She agreed she should of been calling 911 as she was pulling up and he was right next to the house.

She did get the guy away from her and the house without being too risky.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    -Snip-
    She was glad that she had access to my M&P 45 once she was in the house. She was pleased with the quick response of the police and with me for coming to talk to her.

Glad to hear everything turned out OK.
    With nobody home, I hope that M&P 45 was locked away so if that guy had gotten in your house he couldn't have gotten to it.

Top Bottom