• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sean46953

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    Marion, Indiana
    Bought an SVT-40 to take advantage of the cheap surplus 7.62x54R. Now that i put a couple cases threw in it in the last month, I think I have wore out the stock. The action/barrel have some significant play in relation to the stock. I know these things are notorious for stocks that just weren't up to snuff, but has anyone had any luck with sourcing replacements? I have seen some on GunBroker being sold by an individual as his own reproduction, out of some where in Europe (Germany, I think). Any experience with reproduction pieces? He wants $150 for it, which if it is done right, is completely fair in my books.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Vic on Gun Boards is an SVT-40 collector and helped me find a lot of parts for mine. Not sure if I am allowed to name another forum and if not, feel free to remove/edit this post. He is the sort of guy who's collection was the one that was used for the movie Enemy at the Gates. He rented them all the firearms used in the movie.

Should you decide to sell your rifle, please give me first crack at it. I had to sell the one I had a few years back to pay bills before a settlement took over the paying and now I want it back, or one like it. :)

Top Bottom