• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BOLTGUN

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    NE INDY
    Found on at Gander today...wow. Really like the classic look.

Any experiences? Salty at $699...but worth the instant gratification.

Any pics would be fun too...care to share your thoughts on this? My excuse would be a bday gift and bc Im a cop...and seems like an American LEOs collectors item.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Sounds a little high to me, but then again it all depends on your financial picture.

I won't pay that for a 586/686.

I recently purchased a used Model 13 for $275. 3" barrel, decent shape. Has some holster wear. One of your finest used it as a duty piece and it does not appear to have been in many gun fights.:)

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Yeah, that is a little on the high side pricewise, but Gander has been pulling that on a lot of items the last few months. The model 36 is a really cool gun though.

Glock10MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    That price is high. I saw one for sale a few weeks ago for $375, in very good condition. I went back a couple days later and, of course it was gone.

coban

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    SW Indiana
    Gander mountain usually is a little on the high side but I like your reasoning of instant gratification. I've used that one a few times myself.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Find your self a no dash 36 from the 70s in nice shape... that's what I did and its probably the only gun I have that is "off limits" when something else comes along I want.

They don't make them like they used to.

Plus you can find Minty 36 no dash for 450ish

kimbercollector

Marksman
    Rating - 96.1%
    49   2   0
    Jul 7, 2011
    North East Indianapolis, IN
    .08 cents a day for 30 years = about $750...

So for 8 cents a day...who cares. These days, gotta pay the premium I guess...especially at Gander. Wont turn this into a Gander Bashing thread...Was in there yesterday too...I do like the new counter space, but now they have waaaay too many guns for so little help behind the counter, but I do like the eye candy.

tdmman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    South Central Indiana
    I aways buy used Smith revolvers. However, that practice can bite you. I bought a used 36 to carry on the farm. It shot two feet off at twenty-five yards. So, I traded it for a Smith 49. It shot two feet off. So, I traded it for a stainless Charter Arms Undercover which shot dead on. I still carry it with two shot shells and three HP's. Moral - sometimes there was a reason the gun was traded off.

Top Bottom