• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MillerIU

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Wabash
    I found this info on the web and want to know your thoughts on this process on lightening the trigger on this sigma.

Step 1: Remove the pin that holds the striker retaining group into the frame.
    Step 2: remove the striker retaining group from the frame.
    Step 3: Remove the pin at the bottom of the striker retaining group.
    Step 4: Remove the pigtail spring at the bottom of the striker retaining group and then remove the striker retainer and its assembly from the polymer group housing.
    Step 5: Remove the two remaining springs - the larger outer and skinny inner springs. These are what provide the tension on the striker retainer and make the trigger pull so heavy.

Is this a safe practice and has anyone tried it? I need the advice of people smarter than me. I found this process here:

www.xdtalk.com/forums/non-xd-other-gun-discussion-area/101197-sigma-trigger-fix.html

Thanks for the input!

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I have done a few of these Sigma mods and you are a bit off on step-5. You remove only the small inner spring and reinstall the outer spring. You cannot remove both.

There is a MUCH better way of reducing the trigger weight on a Sigma. You need only call S& W customer service to complain that the trigger is causing you to be inaccurate in your shooting. They will send you a pre-paid shipping label and instructions to ship it to an authorized smith. You will have your Sigma returned with an approved trigger job that will feel the way Sigma's did before the Glock lawsuit.

MillerIU

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Wabash
    I will give them a call. Would I have to go through a dealer to get the gun returned to me or would they ship it to my house? If you would happen to know. Love my guns so I would worry about it while I was waiting,,,,, Like seeing my daughter leave on her first date! LOL!

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    You will most likely have to take it to your nearest UPS or Fed-Ex location... Not the UPS stores. The return shipping label will be two-day shipping. You will recieve it back at your home address, but you will need an adult there to sign for it.

Good luck

Top Bottom