• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Does anyone find fighting the federal drug war depressing? The data shows it to be a failure, yet the soldiers plod onward. Futile work. Dig a hole, fill it back in. Personally I would find being a drug warrior to be utterly dismal, nugatory work. You are literally working towards nothing. This is the point I was driving at the other night. I don't understand the mindset. Or am I being naive? Is the war going as planned?

40Years0fDrugWarFailure.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Does anyone find fighting the federal drug war depressing? The data shows it to be a failure, yet the soldiers plod onward. Futile work. Dig a hole, fill it back in. Personally I would find being a drug warrior to be utterly dismal, nugatory work. You are literally working towards nothing. This is the point I was driving at the other night. I don't understand the mindset. Or am I being naive? Is the war going as planned?

The same can be said for any aspect of police work. The work is never going to cease to exist. There will always be robberies, murderers, thieves, rapists, etc..

I wouldn't lose an ounce of sleep if the drug war were ended tomorrow. Actually it would be refreshing to stop getting blamed for it.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    [ame]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4VJaNVHa88[/ame]

whoops wrong house ...........

[ame]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjSwkU_Q-as[/ame]

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    The same can be said for any aspect of police work. The work is never going to cease to exist. There will always be robberies, murderers, thieves, rapists, etc..

I wouldn't lose an ounce of sleep if the drug war were ended tomorrow. Actually it would be refreshing to stop getting blamed for it.
    +1

The Drug war took the place of Vietnam. A war being run by Politicians telling professionals what is or is not allowed on the target list.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin

I don't think anyone here (or at least a significant number of people) disagree with you on this point. That's why I said contact your legislature. Don't whine about the people carrying out their duties, go through the process and change their duties.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    If you read the whole thread there was alot of talk about flashbangs and there use and damage they cause ........what i posted was a example of that if you don't like my point .....don't watch it or read it and the second does relate to the thread with home entry and use of flash bangs.....:popcorn:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I don't think anyone here (or at least a significant number of people) disagree with you on this point. That's why I said contact your legislature. Don't whine about the people carrying out their duties, go through the process and change their duties.

The enforcers carry their share of the blame for this nonsense.

If they don't agree with the things they are told to do, they have every right (and responsibility) not to do them.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    The enforcers carry their share of the blame for this nonsense.

If they don't agree with the things they are told to do, they have every right (and responsibility) not to do them.
    Who says that they do or do not believe in it. The crap is illegal. Break the law, and the police have a responsibility to act. It's not like this is a "collect the guns" type scenario. This is an illegal substance. If you don't believe it should be illegal, write your congressmen.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    If you read the whole thread there was alot of talk about flashbangs and there use and damage they cause ........what i posted was a example of that if you don't like my point .....don't watch it or read it and the second does relate to the thread with home entry and use of flash bangs.....:popcorn:
    See, I understand the point you were trying to make. It also appears that you were trying to play it off as video "a" lead to video "b". I have no issues with the damage that flashbangs can cause if they are necessary.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Who says that they do or do not believe in it. The crap is illegal. Break the law, and the police have a responsibility to act. It's not like this is a "collect the guns" type scenario. This is an illegal substance. If you don't believe it should be illegal, write your congressmen.

It is exactly a "collect the guns" type scenario.

If guns are made illegal, I similarly expect the enforcers not to collect them.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    In some countries, it used to be illegal to be Jewish. And we determined that following orders wasn't a valid defense.

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    In some countries, it used to be illegal to be Jewish. And we determined that following orders wasn't a valid defense.

I did ask for no Godwin, but apparently it goes into effect anyway.

Look, there are major differences between a drug raid and sending people to their deaths for their ethnic heritage.

We have ruled one is legal, and the other is not. If you want to make the former illegal, then make it happen. Until then the courts have ruled that it's legal. These are two completely different scenarios.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I did ask for no Godwin, but apparently it goes into effect anyway.

Look, there are major differences between a drug raid and sending people to their deaths for their ethnic heritage.

We have ruled one is legal, and the other is not. If you want to make the former illegal, then make it happen. Until then the courts have ruled that it's legal. These are two completely different scenarios.
    But it sounds so much better to use an emotionally charged one-liner that has nothing to do with the situation. It's a great method to win others to your side.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    if we insist on resting on what is or is not the law while disregarding the more ominous implications for the future consider how quickly the law or the status or definitions applied to those affected by the law can change.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtOWNw--azY[/ame]

I will grant you that it generally would take more than declaring 'you're fired' but the only practical difference between this and arbitrary law is that the law takes more time to change. If we accept this because a given activity is now illegal, what happens when more things are made illegal, perhaps even those which are the subject of constitutional rights (some of which are already being violated)?

Top Bottom