• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Gentlemen, I believe this is one of those points at which we tend to become more polarized in our arguments than we are in practice. I consider it safe to say that phylodog has absolutely no desire to see innocent people harmed and rambone does not particularly wish to see dead police stacked like cord wood.

I didn't intend it as an insult to Rambone and I'm not frothing at the mouth about it. I think at this point I consider him to be as unreasonable as he believes me to be blinded by loyalty to the Gov't. There was a time I got angry about his posts but I don't any longer. I think he and I would have a very interesting conversation should we ever have the opportunity to sit down over coffee.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    As a former state employe I can say that Donuts are a real menace. I gained my belly on that job and never lost it! 20 years ago. Lets no knock and clean them out to protect the children. Oh wait I just gave away Bloomburg's new war on food. LOL

But seriously, with only the facts on hand I judge it a fail, Who nails drywall? I thought installers used screws?

I would have thought mailing pot to houses Entrapment. No knock =B&E. Negligence in this case =endangerment to officers and civilians. If they did this to my house I would be dead Because I would have exorcised Castle Doctrine knowing that I was doing nothing wrong and defending my family, from a home invasion. No amount of money would bring my kids their father back. THIS IS WHY LEO MUST be PERFECT in their execution of this behavior or STOP IMMEDIATELY!!!! There are other ways to remove real threats without behaving in this manor. I realize I do not have all the facts on this case and never will. But without trust of for LEO's and from LEO's society will fail.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    No offense but I doubt your sincerity. Whether you'd be willing to admit it or not I believe you would rather see 100 dead cops than have one no knock warrant be executed in this country regardless of the target of the warrant, their criminal history or the crime their accused of. I'm not just casting insults to incite a response, this is the opinion you have created (for me) with your posts over the years.

I would prefer no dead cops OR drug addicts. (And I think you would too)

I would rather the drug addicts get help and the cops concentrate more on fighting to defend liberty rather than a societal imposed morality.

I want prison inmates to be people who were violaters of others, instead of violaters of themselves and the willing. :twocents:

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Who here would agree with the maxim, "Better ten guilty men go free than one innocent man be punished."?

I would.

And as an extension, I offer, "Better ten executions of ordinary warrants go sideways than one no-knock warrant be executed on the wrong house, for whatever reason."

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Who here would agree with the maxim, "Better ten guilty men go free than one innocent man be punished."?

I would.

And as an extension, I offer, "Better ten executions of ordinary warrants go sideways than one no-knock warrant be executed on the wrong house, for whatever reason."

What does that mean? Your addendum.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Where can I find the criteria for obtaining a "no knock" warrant? I would like to have an informed opinion on them. My knee jerk reaction is to not like them, but all I really know about them is posts here and elsewhere of where they went wrong and what I see on Dallas or Detroit or Miami-Dade or KCMO SWAT on TV.

I saw one where they went in the wrong side of a duplex. I know the chances are remote and if they used the overwhelming force tactics, I probably would be subdued without too much trouble, but what if by chance I did pick up a weapon after being aroused from sleep, I don't want myself or any other citizen shot by mistake.

I believe police sign up knowing they will be/could be in the line of fire and people like me don't expect such things in our homes.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    IMHO "no knock" warrants have no place in a free country. I believe it to be a clear violation of the Constitution/Bill of Rights. But then I am hard set agains domestic spying, drones, military used as police, etc.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    IMHO "no knock" warrants have no place in a free country. I believe it to be a clear violation of the Constitution/Bill of Rights. But then I am hard set agains domestic spying, drones, military used as police, etc.

Going to prison or being arrested is a violation of the Constitutional guarantees of freedom and liberty is it not? Being arrested or going to prison removes both of those from a person. A warrant is an order signed by a judge who has determined that sufficient evidence exists to restrict those freedoms to a person.

A no knock warrant is the same with the added evidence that the person wanted has demonstrated a propensity for violence (typically evidenced by their prior criminal convictions or the crime for which the warrant is issued), is likley to be armed and is willing to attempt violence on the police when confronted.

The intent of a no knock warrant is to surprise the wanted person by gaining entry quickly preventing them from arming themselves and attempting to injure the officers executing the warrant. A prudent police officer will weigh the facts of the case and restrict the use of flashbangs or other potentially hazardous devices or tactics if there are children or elderly present in the home.

Top Bottom