• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roguelet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Montgomery County
    I've debated with myself about posting this because there are not very many people on here who personally know me or my kids, but every year people without a specific personal connection become involved with this, either as a way to support the aquatic center for the Crawfordsville community, or as a way to support USA Swimming through their sanctioned clubs and events. Last year I decided against posting about this here, but this year I've decided to see if there is any interest.

Those of you who DO know my kids, even if you've only seen them at a shoot or two, probably have heard that their lives revolve around swimming. This is the main reason why getting to shoots is often so difficult for us (they are always swimming at a practice and/or a meet.) Christopher swims for his high school during their season, but swims with a club during the rest of the year. Emily swims with the club year-round. Next year, when she goes to middle school, she will swim on their team during their season and swim with the club during the rest of the year. They also swim on a district summer swim team in addition to the club... and my oldest has coached the younger kids on the summer swim team for the past two summers as well.

So, this brings us to the purpose of this post. The swim club that the kids belong to asks them to help raise funds once per year by participating in a Swim-A-Thon and trying to get sponsors. The funds raised help with pool upkeep, provide equipment and supplies for the kids, and support the USA Swimming sanctioned meets that the club hosts. The Swim-A-Thon is this Wednesday, October 12th. They have 2 hours to s
    wim as many lengths of the pool as they can. Each swimmer has their own personal page, so to sponsor both Christopher and Emily you could go to each page separately, or you could click one of their "Please Donate" tabs, then click "Donate to the Family" and split a donation from there. The amount auto-fills, but there are drop-down menus that allow a change in the amount, and you can over-write the amount completely and put in what you would like to. No donation is too small, and every bit of support is greatly appreciated by the kids.

Christopher's Sponsorship Page: https://www.teamunify.com/TUMoney.jsp?team=inscsc&memberid=589405&r=1474557822539

Emily's Sponsorship Page: https://www.teamunify.com/TUMoney.jsp?team=inscsc&memberid=3051935&r=1474558031521

Here is a picture that is a bit more relevant to this forum, for those of you who might have seen them at a shoot... this is from their first one: Badges.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Donated. Always happy to donate to places that help kids stay off the street.
    FYI, there is an option to donate to "family". This way you can type in an amount, and it will split the amount and donate to both.

Roguelet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Swim-A-Thon Update: Christopher swam the full 200 laps. He and the other high school kids actually swam more than that, but the lap count for the purposes of donations ended at 200. Emily swam 154 laps. She had hoped to swim more, but she had pretty bad stomach cramps during the last 1/2 hour. She never stopped swimming, though, and she beat her lap count from last year, so overall she was satisfied with her results. She has really been pushing herself because she will age up shortly before Divisionals this year; so even though she's swimming most of the season in the "10 and under" age group, she has to get 11-12 age group cuts if she wants to go to the championships... and those times are quite a bit faster. Christopher is also on the low end of his age group- the senior age group is 15 and over so he, as a 15-year-old, has to get the same cuts as an 18-year-old. They've both been really focused, and have been practicing really hard. The sponsorship links on their pages are still open, and will remain available through the next home meet, which is next weekend (Fri, Sat, Sun, Nov. 4-6.) Thank you again to those of you who have already donated to them- it really meant a lot to both of them to know that they had your support when they jumped in on Swim-A-Thon day.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom