• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    It's too bad I don't really like switchblades a whole lot. But I'm glad this is getting some traction!

I know you are a regular on this site, but in this regard; can't we just agree to not attract any attention to this? No need to quote, no need to comment. Just a whispered "yay!" should suffice.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I'm glad I held off on buying that Benchmade Barrage I was eyeballing a few days ago! Looks like I may be able to get the good stuff soon!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Even if it passes the House and Senate this week (almost certainly not) and it's the first law signed by Gov. Pence (doubt it), it won't go into effect by Father's Day.

Like most laws passed this session, it would go into effect on July 1, 2013 and not before.

Yeah, I thought of that about 3 msec. after I hit submit reply...

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I may be in the minority. But I don't think switch blades are all that. There, I said it.
    I think they have so much allure to us Indiana people simple because they've been illegal.
    Don't get me wrong. They're cool and all. But honestly. Reminds me of when I saw my first switch blade in grade school with a pal who's dad got one from south of the border. It's like "Watch this" (in, out, in out, in out in, out), "let met try" (in, out, in out, in out in, out), Young boys are fascinate with all that "in out" stuff. Wow.
    Now that I'm older, I just fold it away and keep it out of sight ... where it belongs.

The more I really think about it... The more I find myself along these lines too.

But, still, we should be able to have them.

And you might change your mind if you're ever able to handle a Microtech Select Fire... :drool:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Now, if we could just get rid of that "Chinese throwing star," ban resulting from knee jerk reactions to the ninja craze of the '80's. . . .

Whether switchblades are all that, cool, whatever - matters not. They simply shouldn't be illegal. They were made illegal under a similar rational as that proposed for "assault weapons."

We need to get rid of any many laws as we can prohibiting certain kinds of weapons because the problem isn't the tool involved, it's the behavior.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    Semi-automatic knives?! We gotta ban that!

As a guy who works in a store with a lot of knives, I just recently got into knives. This is gonna be an expensive habit, isn't it...

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    For violating the "Misleading Thread Title Act of 2013" please place $20 in a secure envelope and mail to:

Steelman's Ammo Fund
    870 Wingmaster Lane
    Danville, IN 46122

Rong

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    NE Indiana
    I agree with the throwing star comments. Indiana has only two weapons other than firearms that are illegal that I know of switchblades and throwing stars. Why? Let's repeal both. I think butterfly knives and nunchucks used to be, so at least we are headed in the right direction.

Top Bottom