Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    IMAG0008.jpg

IMAG0009.jpg

Scrap Yard SYKCO

Here's a few pictures with the Junglas for size comparison. This thing is a beast and is in need of some new clothes. Thinking on the lines of a leather sheath with a drop ring. My wife ordered it so it doesn't have my JYD#.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    we haven't done anything yet. we are to busy keeping customers happy right now lol. I'm pretty sure my set up with be a dangler probably with open spine so I don't have such a long draw on it.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    That's actually a good ideal. If you want to use the Southern Grind Grand Daddy Sheath as a prototype let me know. Its a great concept, but they went wrong by using cheap hardware.

Dtrap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Indianapolis
    We have made quite a few of the open spine sheaths before and they work great. I have made them mostly for the Basic 11's. Also made one for a Fiddleback machette as well.

Dtrap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I'll have to see if I can find any. Grunt might still have one of the sheaths but I'm not sure. I'll see if we can find any of the old pics.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I'll have to see if I can find any. Grunt might still have one of the sheaths but I'm not sure. I'll see if we can find any of the old pics.

I would definitely be interested in seeing if you can find them. How hard would it be to make an open spine with a drop ring and molle locks for multiple carry options?

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    here are a few crappy pics man. it's a sweet set up. I still have this combo today. as far as making it molle lock compatible. on one side sure no problem but the other side has the open spine so you can't put rivets or anything on it. we could do it at the very bottom of the sheath on that couple inches that isn't open. and that should work just fine for it.

DSCN1828.jpg

DSCN1825.jpg

DSCN1824.jpg

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Man, it looks 100 times better then I expected. Not that I had any doubt in you and Dtraps abilities. I love how the Izula and fire steel is piggybacking on it. I have one more backorder I am waiting on. After it comes through I will definitely be hitting you guys up.

Dtrap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Thanks grunt. I thought you still had one. Thanks Tom1025 I know you don't doubt the skills seeing as you have one or two of our creations anyway.;)

Top Bottom