• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Looks like the Assad regime has upped the stakes in their ongoing civil war. Hundreds are dead and more have been affected by nerve agents and managed to survive, (some no doubt thanks to the successful use of atropine in a timely manner). While doctors without borders aren't pointing fingers at anyone, they are making the case that someone has used nerve gas. The likely suspect is Assad, since he has access to loads of nerve agents and the requisite delivery systems. He's also deliberately blocking the UN inspectors from doing the job they were sent to Syria to do, along with blaming the rebel forces for the non-existent nerve gas attack. Now we'll get to see if Mr. Obama sticks to his gun, now that it's becoming pretty obvious that his red line has been crossed. I'm thinking we're about to be pulled into a conflict we've got no business being involved in, especially given reports that elements of the 6th Fleet are currently being repositioned farther East in the Med.

Syria: Thousands Suffering Neurotoxic Symptoms Treated in Hospitals Supported by MSF | Doctors Without Borders

It's pretty clear where those WMD's that we didn't find in Iraq ended up... Although I'm sure that nobody in the current administration would even suggest that they were somehow moved from Iraq to bordering Syria governed by a "brother in arms".

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Eh. Could have been Assad, could have been "rebels" or freedom fighters, or could have even been an op by the dirty u.s. gubment. I really just wish we could stay out of it and fix our own problems.

JasonB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Pittsboro, IN
    Looks like the Assad regime has upped the stakes in their ongoing civil war. Hundreds are dead and more have been affected by nerve agents and managed to survive, (some no doubt thanks to the successful use of atropine in a timely manner). While doctors without borders aren't pointing fingers at anyone, they are making the case that someone has used nerve gas. The likely suspect is Assad, since he has access to loads of nerve agents and the requisite delivery systems. He's also deliberately blocking the UN inspectors from doing the job they were sent to Syria to do, along with blaming the rebel forces for the non-existent nerve gas attack. Now we'll get to see if Mr. Obama sticks to his gun, now that it's becoming pretty obvious that his red line has been crossed. I'm thinking we're about to be pulled into a conflict we've got no business being involved in, especially given reports that elements of the 6th Fleet are currently being repositioned farther East in the Med.

Syria: Thousands Suffering Neurotoxic Symptoms Treated in Hospitals Supported by MSF | Doctors Without Borders

Another excuse for yet another President to launch yet another invasion into some Middle Eastern Country that what our Great Great Great Grand Children will still be paying for??

Nothing more than to protect Oil Interests from yet another country that is pushing to remove the Dollar as currency standard... Both Sides of our corrupt and naive government will never let that happen because it would result in total collapse of the United States as we know it.

Unfortunately yet again our Incredibly Brave and overly extended Service Men and Women will get pushed into conflict to prop up an institution that thinks they can simply print more money to overcome the largest Debt in the Known History of the World.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I really just wish we could stay out of it and fix our own problems.

This ^ !!!

Especially since earlier this year both Russian and Chinese generals warned that any U.S. strike on Syria may lead to limited , regional nuclear exchange .

I think the world is sick of us poking our nose in everybody's business .

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    This ^ !!!

Especially since earlier this year both Russian and Chinese generals warned that any U.S. strike on Syria may lead to limited , regional nuclear exchange .

Screw it. Let's just let WWIII happen already.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This ^ !!!

Nuclear exchange?!?! Oh boy this would be obamas wet dream to further push his power grab.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    No, seriously guys, this: https://t.co/FHUy0Motyc

How is this not causing more outrage? You're going to ignore law and rain hellfire down on a place because asking Congress first is "counter-productive"?

Obama 2007: "President doesn't have power under Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack."
    Obama 2013: "Eff that guy. FIRE ZE MISSILES."

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    No, seriously guys, this: https://t.co/FHUy0Motyc

How is this not causing more outrage? You're going to ignore law and rain hellfire down on a place because asking Congress first is "counter-productive"?

Obama 2007: "President doesn't have power under Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack."
    Obama 2013: "Eff that guy. FIRE ZE MISSILES."

I really hate to break it to you, but there are loads of people here on INGO, (some of whom have posted in this thread) that support that very action by a president. They like the president being able to go to war without the approval of congress and have argued for it in the past. Just search for the relevant threads. These are "conservative" voters, too. Not dems or libertarians. Now we'll get to see if they stick to their principles when it's Obama doing it.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I really hate to break it to you, but there are loads of people here on INGO, (some of whom have posted in this thread) that support that very action by a president. They like the president being able to go to war without the approval of congress and have argued for it in the past. Just search for the relevant threads. These are "conservative" voters, too. Not dems or libertarians. Now we'll get to see if they stick to their principles when it's Obama doing it.

I'd argue that they're all wrong, conservative or not. Supporting 2A and admonishing King-like behavior should go hand-in-hand. Hypocrites on this forum are still hypocrites if they're OK with doing this.

"I'm not going to ask if it's OK to run for a third, and permanent, term as President. Congress might say no, so I'll just do it anyway."

Last edited:
    Top Bottom