• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Syrians missing Bush? Planted CIA psy-ops propaganda? Right-wing neocon photo-shopped hit job? More examples of others loving the US when they need our help and then hating the US when they don't?

obamathankyou.jpg

Missing Bush | The Weekly Standard

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Pass the Koolaid.

Is it that hard for you to believe that there are some people who welcomed U.S. intervention is some form or another? Or only that they can't possibly believe that without being brain-washed?

It is an interesting comparison: Excluding our military actions in Iraq and Afghanistan and the Palestinian/Israeli conflict that rages daily, the level of violence in the Middle East outside of areas we had an overt involvement in has escalated significantly since Bush left office. I don't for a minute think that Bush had anything to do with a direct keeping of the peace, but there is little doubt that the common knowledge that Obama's allegiances are beneficial to the "revolutionary" forces of many of these countries has played a role in the timing of the protests-turned-rebellions.

I don't necessarily think a Republican in the WH would have done much different either, but the perception around the world that he would have might be all that is necessary.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Is it that hard for you to believe that there are some people who welcomed U.S. intervention is some form or another? Or only that they can't possibly believe that without being brain-washed?

It is an interesting comparison: Excluding our military actions in Iraq and Afghanistan and the Palestinian/Israeli conflict that rages daily, the level of violence in the Middle East outside of areas we had an overt involvement in has escalated significantly since Bush left office. I don't for a minute think that Bush had anything to do with a direct keeping of the peace, but there is little doubt that the common knowledge that Obama's allegiances are beneficial to the "revolutionary" forces of many of these countries has played a role in the timing of the protests-turned-rebellions.

I don't necessarily think a Republican in the WH would have done much different either, but the perception around the world that he would have might be all that is necessary.

Overall, I agree with you but I'm not sure even McCain would have thrown over Hosni Mubarek, and I doubt he would have intervened in Libya, either.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Pass the Koolaid.
    Who's drinking what koolaid? I just posted it and posed those questions to give someone the option of proffering their opinion if they want to of how they see it. Maybe I should've made a poll out of it. :dunno:

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Syrians by and large love us. Except for really really really really wanting the Golan Heights back and generally not liking military intervention into their domestic affairs, pretty laid back bunch. Minus Hezbollah. And the Iranian influences. And the internal domestic spy-police force that the old Assad regime installed. Bashar's doing an okay job. Started a private university, opened a stock exchange. Clamped down on the internet, but hey, who needs open and reliable information? But at least the Statist propaganda is down to a dull roar these past few years.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Overall, I agree with you but I'm not sure even McCain would have thrown over Hosni Mubarek, and I doubt he would have intervened in Libya, either.

I wasn't trying to imply I thought he would. Sorry. Just wondering out loud if the perception of Obama had anything to do with the widespread nature of the "protests" and "rebellions."

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I see what you did there.

(Sorry for the self love, but no one else gave me the love.)

That's because everyone who agrees with you has already repped you and has to "spread the love" to someone else before they can rep you again.:D

Not surprising to me to see such a staged sign. Despots have long understood the value of presenting an image to the world press. It shouldn't be surprising that the people who have been forced to participate in such displays should begin to use them for themselves.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    That's because everyone who agrees with you has already repped you and has to "spread the love" to someone else before they can rep you again.:D

Not surprising to me to see such a staged sign. Despots have long understood the value of presenting an image to the world press. It shouldn't be surprising that the people who have been forced to participate in such displays should begin to use them for themselves.

Sigh. No one got my joke.

Top Bottom