• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I have a question about the 10/22 extended mag release. I don't have a 10/22, but from the picture it looks like you push the release forward to drop the mag, and not pull it back like some guns (ie Marlin 795)...?

X_Ring_10_22___E_4bfdf89e047be.jpg

I'm just trying to find out because I have a 795 and my GF's dad has a machine shop, I was thinking about trying to see if he can make something similar for the 795. I just want to know what kind of contour I need on it. Since the 795 release is pulled I'm assuming that I will need a larger gap between the release and the trigger guard. Also, as a note, I don't plan on it going as far back as the Tac Sol, but rather stop at the bottom of the front of the guard.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    The magazine release on a 10/22 is a plunger that is actuated by a little tiny lever in front of the trigger guard. Pushing on the lever moves the plunger. The tac sol replaces the entire magazine release. You just take the trigger assembly out and remove one pin, drop the magazine release out and install the tac sol. So instead of moving a little lever to drop the mag, you move a big lever that goes all the way around the trigger guard. I hope that helps.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    The stock 10/22 mag release is either pushed in (older style) or pushed forward (new/extended style). Either way it pivots on a pin in the trigger group above and just inside the forward edge of the trigger guard. The tac-sol release has a tab on the end that sticks out behind the trigger guard that is flicked down by the extra fingers of the trigger hand to drop the mag. For the Ruger the tac-sol release is a fantastic piece of kit so good luck in your quest to emulate it for the Marlin.

Top Bottom