• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    A true tackle box gun is cheap, can shoot centerfire or shotgun cartridges. You won't cry if it's scratched, you won't cry much if it's dropped in the water. Some of the guys talking about the derringer 45/410s are close, but really too nice and expensive. This is really more like it (and it's for sale in the INGO classifieds:D OK, that was a shameless plug) Leinad 45/410 Single

102.jpg

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Ok, so it must be a gun that you toss in your tackle box. But I'm curious about this. I hear folks mention that a "such and such" would be a pretty good "tackle box gun." But what's the purpose of such gun?

I fish from the bank, I wade, I kayak, I kayak fish. When I do those things, I'm carrying, either as usual, IWB, or if wading, a pocket gun in my vest. I wouldn't want a gun in my tackle box.

Have I completely misunderstood what this is? Is it just a general term for a "beater" or a gun you stash somewhere? :dunno:

Does anyone keep a gun in their tackle box and care to discuss it? Am I missing out on something good here?

Just askin'.
    Well, a Hi-Point would be a good tackle box gun.:twocents:

schoolmaster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Ruger Redhawk, 5 inch, stainless, works on everything from sharks to snakes. Seriously small stainless .38 sp with 3 shot loads and 3 wadcutters.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    A true tackle box gun is cheap, can shoot centerfire or shotgun cartridges. You won't cry if it's scratched, you won't cry much if it's dropped in the water. Some of the guys talking about the derringer 45/410s are close, but really too nice and expensive. This is really more like it (and it's for sale in the INGO classifieds:D OK, that was a shameless plug) Leinad 45/410 Single

102.jpg

That makes much more sense than a $400 derringer. Thank you, sir. I had quite forgotten about these little guys.

Top Bottom