• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Another vote for the 15-22... look for the MOE version if you can find one at a good price. I have the MOE and it is a very fun training gun and accepts most AR15 accessories. The MOE gets you MagPul flip up front and rear sights, the MOE stock and pistol group, as well as a QD sling mount integral to the lower (the other MagPul gear can be added, but the integral QD cannot be retro'd onto a standard 15-22). Usually the price difference between the MOE and standard versions is not that significant compared to the amount of extra's you get.

I added a Primary Arms reddot on mine which increased the fun significantly as well.

DepTaylor

Plinker
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Westfield
    I have the Colt M4 and the HK 416 pistol. I don't have a single complaint about either. I have a Vortex Strikefire on the Colt and that has been a blast. I own a few 10/22s and love that platform as well.

Stay away from the Mossberg and it will be hard to make a bad choice.

Mellow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Harrison County
    I've had good luck with a lower+ST-22 dedicated upper.
    I chose to go that route for the flexibility and options.
    Comparing it to a M&P15-22.
    The MP is lighter because it is made largely from a composite material.
    The MP has limited "drop-in" modification potential because of its non-standard design.
    The DPMS or ST-22 dedicated uppers are exactly like a standard AR upper and will accept drop-in hand guards, free float rails charging handles, triggers, ect

You could swap out the upper on a dedicated 22 platform for 556/223 if you like.

One dedicated upper will cost you as much as a complete M&P15-22

This is mine:
    IMG_0443s.jpg

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I would go with the Rugger 10/22. I have a few and they are very reliable guns. Also there are so many out there if shtf you could find parts still. I wouldnt even put all of the tacticool crap on it. Leave it as is and beat it up. Just my .02$

Swim404

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    ATL
    Has anyone seen if those 15-22s are hard to find right now? I'm assuming anything that even slightly looks like an AR15 was grabbed.

dsb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Got my son the S&W 15-22 for Christmas....It is a nice piece, I wish I would have gotten me one too.

Top Bottom