• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    I went. Had a good time and for those AK die hards, My Ar ate steel case and not one single failure. Of the gun anyway. I have been wanting to compete for a while and this was my first. Being a lefty, I find I have a lot to work on with reguarding to keeping behind cover and making the mostly right side shots. It was an eye opener. I would rate myself as ok. Likely the middle of the road in skill at least in my group. I can't wait to do it again. It was a great facility and a very well run competition. My only gripe would be that I wish they were closer.

carbine.shooters

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    All,

First I want to think everyone for coming out to the carbine match at ACC. Even though the weather was a bit on the cold side we had record-breaking turn out with 69 shooters with 20 completely new shooters. To put things into perspective our first match five years only had six shooters. Growth like that doesn't happen without a lot of help from others. We want to express a big THANK YOU to both the staff that helped run the event and club members who gave up part of their Friday to help setup for the match on Saturday. Without their support these events simply wouldn't happen. It is our hope that with the continued support of ACC and club members/staff we can continue putting these matches together on a greater frequency going forward.

If anyone has any questions about the match, or a scoring issues, please email us at carbine.shooters@yahoo.com. Also, you can access the scores here:

http://indyidpa.com/documents/March2014/CarbineMar2014.pdf

and here:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/carbine_shooters/info

Also, on an interesting note a vast majority of competitors choose the AR-15 platform as their firearms of choice. A full break down would look like this:

1 M1 Carbine
    3 SMG pistol caliber
    4 AK derivates
    1 XCR
    1 SCAR 17s
    1 Sig M400
    59 AR-15's

Last edited:

thecolter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    Indiana
    I just wanted to say thank you to ACC and the staff for putting this match on. I had a great time! It was well organized, safe, and fun.

Looking forward to the next match!

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    How many of you that shot this match would like USPSA higher round count stages? 32 rounds max

Just thinking If we could build one set of stages for both matches it would save on man power.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    How many of you that shot this match would like USPSA higher round count stages? 32 rounds max

Just thinking If we could build one set of stages for both matches it would save on man power.

If they are following IDPA rules, the limit is 18 rounds. Of course, you could just add/remove some targets and use essentially the same setup if you are creative.

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    I talked to Mike Saturday about the IDPA part of it and I get the feeling that It could be done either way. I feel most shooters like a higher round count.

pdg45acp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Kokomo

I like it both wayz, I like the idea of having to do the mag changes due to the 10 round limit and I like the idea of a high round count.

If we continue to have Carbine before USPSA maybe we should go to USPSA Carbine rules, if there is such a thing.

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    I'm sure they could apply either set of rules they wanted to. We would just leave steel out for carbine and place for USPSA.

They had a 10 round limit???? what's up with that????

There are endless possibilities to the carbine match. Like using 1/3 or 1/2 scale targets mixing them up with regular size to add distance.

Russellhjoy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'm sure they could apply either set of rules they wanted to. We would just leave steel out for carbine and place for USPSA.

They had a 10 round limit???? what's up with that????

There are endless possibilities to the carbine match. Like using 1/3 or 1/2 scale targets mixing them up with regular size to add distance.

I would love to shoot my carbine uspsa style with higher round count and more moving and variation. While it was fun to shoot it idpa style I would much prefer not be told how to shoot a stage and be forced to empty my 10rd magazine to do an already awkward reload. Also, isn't the point of shooing high capacity to not have to reload? The only situation I could think of where I would need to reload my rifle is zombies.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I would love to shoot my carbine uspsa style with higher round count and more moving and variation. While it was fun to shoot it idpa style I would much prefer not be told how to shoot a stage and be forced to empty my 10rd magazine to do an already awkward reload. Also, isn't the point of shooing high capacity to not have to reload? The only situation I could think of where I would need to reload my rifle is zombies.

1. Don't try to apply logic! We'll all suffer!
    2. If someone will run them, you can do USPSA rifle or shotgun or both.
    3. I thought I told you to gain weight??!!!

​rhino out!

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    It was interesting to see IDPA carbine for the first time. I've never been big on the idea of competing but I could see doing carbine competition in the future. Also, I came away really liking the Beretta carbine a guy in the group I was watching had.

Top Bottom