• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Today I bought Fenix PD30 and I already have a Surefire G2L*** I want to buy some bulk CR123a batteries in bulk***

is Battery Junction the best place to buy these, how log do they last? I don't want to buy too many and have them go bad, how long do they last typically?

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    My 25pk of surefire CR123A's has a supposed shelf life of 10 years. I don't know what you consider to be "bulk," but I'm planning on buying 100 when I start getting low.

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    Just be careful which batteries you use. A friend of mine works for a battery vendor and he told me that certain CR123's will over heat when used in flashlights, some to the point of melting. I stick with the surefire brand batteries in all mine.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Just be careful which batteries you use. A friend of mine works for a battery vendor and he told me that certain CR123's will over heat when used in flashlights, some to the point of melting. I stick with the surefire brand batteries in all mine.

A lot of the no-name import batteries are prone to this because they aren't buffered (or something; the technical term escapes me). Stick with brand-name batteries (Surefire, Duracell, Panasonic, etc) or the Battery Station ones and you should be OK.

My :twocents:

Top Bottom