• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    Has anyone had experience with Tactical Machining AR-16 parts? The reason I ask is I was at the range this morning and a guy let me shoot his AR15 that had a Tactical Machining lower. The trigger was really clean and crisp. Never heard of this company before, so I checked out their website.... https://www.tacticalmachining.com/ Their prices seemed pretty reasonable, although some of their stuff is currently out of stock. I have been kinda thinking about building my own AR...wondering if this is a good shop to consider for parts or complete uppers or lowers.

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Never heard of them.

They don't list enough specs for me to get a feel for how they're made.

Nice pictures on their website though.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Yes, the owner is a friend. His stuff is top notch, not because I say so, because pros who tested and own his stuff say so and any of us who have bought his stuff love it.

He has some neat stuff in the works. I may be able to post a few pics, but I would have to ask him first. I am waiting for his 16" .308. There may be some 10/22 things coming soon too, I am not sure where he is on that right now.

He started the business from the ground up, quality focused, ethical guy. Any time he adds a product to his line, it has been tested and demand is always immediately high for his product and he expands the business. Even what he calls his blemished lowers are fantastic. A lot of the things like blemished lowers go out of stock because he offers it to friends first and we buy it.

I was going to contact him today anyway, I will see what I can "leak out" here.

Last edited:

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    Completed 2 of their 80% lowers and they are top-notch. As far as lower parts kits one has RRA two stage and the other has a cheap DPMS. Of course the RRA two stage is nicer. I also completed one from a blank forging you can search my threads for the post.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So, where's the photo of the completed AR-16?

Is this some kit deal? Oh, man, it would be worth it to have an AR-16. I'd shoot it with a buzz cut, bow tie and horn-rimmed glasses!:D

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    A new place to me, and I bookmarked it.
    There are so many manufacturers of AR's and accessories it is overwhelming.
    That's a good thing. Americans working, making and selling firearms and accessories. Even better is the fact that more firearms are getting into the hands of U.S. citizens so they can exercise their Constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

I believe the AR16 (16 gauge) will have a capacity of ten 2-3/4" shells and will handle anything from light dove loads to high brass loads. I look for it to be a big hit with people hunting upland game and woodland game, also dove hunters.
    (I forgot the purple for that last paragraph)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom