Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    May 1 - 2, 2008
    Immediate Action Medical
    Seymour, IN

Here is the course description:
    This course was designed from the ground up to train a person with no prior medical experience on how to keep a victim of a violent crime or terrorist act, like a stabbing, shooting or bombing, alive until an ambulance arrives. This course is narrow in scope and will center on assisting victims of violence.

This class includes training on tactical safety and how to prevent injuries, moral obligations to render aide, legal issues like the Good Samaritan laws, biohazard precautions, the physical and mental effects of adrenaline, the survival principles, communication, trauma kits vs. first aid kits, scene safety, anatomical stopping power, patient movement, assessments, proper ways to stop the top 3 gunfighting injuries (blocked airway, critical blood loss and Tension Pneumothorax) as well as the Mindset, Tactics, Skill and Gear you need to keep someone alive until medical assistance arrives.

Students will participate in and watch other students in multiple practical scenarios where they will be guided and tested on how to provide care under stress.
    2 days/$400

hkhoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Notice this has been up for a couple of days but 0 posts. This kind of training is incredibly important but not very glamorus. I applaud the company for putting it on in our state.

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    Agreed about the importance.

No doubt, even for those who have some degree of training.

Where will this class be held?

I'm interested, but have to wait and see if I can get the time off. Our HK pistol / MP 5 class may get cancelled due to low attendance, if that happens this will be a real possibility.

Thanks for providing the opportunity.

Bob

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Lack of money is the reason I was attempting to sell those guns. I did plenty of training back when I had a better job. My gun collection has steadily declined since then. These days my income really does go to the above items. My tax rebate will either go to bills or rent.

Sorry if I stepped on your toes. I was speaking in general terms and not about your specific situation.

Training is a too often a very low priority and most people who claim that it is too expensive have no problems coming up with the money for another gun or two to tuck away in their safe.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Indy
    You have no idea how much I'd like to take the Gunsite course in Lebanon, or the medical course. Because it's true, if we ever have a SHTF happen, we're going to need to know medical procedures.
    It's going to be long time before I'll ever be able to do anything like that. I used to train a couple of times each week. It's been around 3 months since I was last able to train in these current times.

It also aggravates me that good self defense techniques and weapons price-wise seem to be gravitating more and more toward upper middle class and the wealthy, and away from those of us lower on the pole.

Top Bottom