• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    The UPS guy delivered my TacSol .22 upper today. I'm impressed with the finish, and fit of their .22 M4 upper. The finish matches my DPMS lower perfectly. I wasn't sure if the forward assit was actually funtional, but it is, and the ejection port cover is fully functional also. I haven't figured out exactly how the front sight is attached. It isn't pinned, and isn't clamped on the barrel either. Looks like maybe it is part of the ring that captures the front of the handguard.:dunno: Anyone know for sure? I'd like to replace it with a railed gas block if possible.

It also came with one Black Dog brown tinted 25 round magazine. I know I'll be buying more of them. Pretty hard getting the last 5 rounds into it, but can be done by hand.

I went down to Bradis after work this afternoon and bought a Magpul FDE MOE carbine handguard to match the ACS stock already on the lower, and a MBUS rear sight. I figure on a .22 it should work out fine.

Can't wait to get it out a shoot it. Bummer is the weather is supposed to suck tomorrow (I have Friday off) and this weekend. I'm going to try running Blazer lead round nose thru it. Hope it will feed reliably. For now I guess a good cleaning and oiling is in order.:yesway:

phonepics055.jpg

phonepics056.jpg

phonepics057.jpg

UPDATE: Ran over to MCF&G this evening and ran 100 rounds thru it. Two failure to fire problems caused by the ammo I was shooting. Other than that it ran flawlessly. VERY happy with it so far.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom