• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    I dont think you could go wrong with either. Both very well made here in the USA. I have some Tactical Tailor mag pouches on the way right now actually. I have other packs, weapon cases and pouches made by bouth companies. It is all really nice stuff. They both have excellent warranties also...

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    I don't have experience with their magazine pouches, but had good success with Tactical Tailors medical bags in the past FWIW and would tend to start with them when looking for something.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I went into Tactical Tailors store while out in Tacoma a few weeks back and the gear is definitely quality I wouldn't worry about purchasing something from them.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    If you run multiple platforms I suggest the HSGI TACOS. I have both and AR and an AK and it is so nice to have the same belt/gear set ups for both platforms.
    I have no experience with the TT gear though

Omaha In June

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    South Bend
    I'd say either is top notch. I've got some TT pouches and my war belt is HSGI. Both have great construction and quality. You're not going to be disappointed w/ either. +1 on the the taco pouches though. I know you're partial to fast mags, but I think you'll be happy w/ all of their other gear as well.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    I've got a few HSGI Items and really love them. You can't go wrong with any of the Taco's. The pistol mags can hold multi tools, mags, flashlights...while the rifle will hold any mag that you can think of.

Check youtube ( I can't get it at work) and you will see a video of a former employee for HSGI putting about 6 or 7 different mags into a taco without doing any mods. These go from AR, AK, I think an M14 mag...it's pretty cool.

And here is this link for something other than the Taco, I've used this for USPSA and you can do speed reloads from it!

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...iew_hsgi_quad_modular_pistol_mag_pouches.html

eta to add the link.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I have yet to use HSGI, so I really do not have an opinion on the gear. I have heard it is good stuff, but that is all I know of them.

Tactical Tailor, I have taken to war for several years. Almost since the Company started. Their gear is rock solid and dependable. The Customer Service and Warranty Program are also...

dominicandemon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Thanks for all the great input.
    Here is the next decision. Too many options :)

2 x HSGI Double Decker "TACO" Magazine Pouch

Or

2 x HSGI / TT (Single Rifles)
    2 x HSGI / TT (Single Pistol)

Not sure which way to go yet.

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    I got my Tactical Tailor pouches in the mail Friday and took the shooting today. They are extremely well built as expected, but I'm not real happy with them. It seems overly difficult to remove the mags. I was using Pmags and some thermold cheapos. Really tight in there. Maybe they just need broken in? I would guess it would work better with plain aluminum mags. I'm going to get a pair of tacos and try them out.

dominicandemon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    St. Augustine, Florida
    I got my Tactical Tailor pouches in the mail Friday and took the shooting today. They are extremely well built as expected, but I'm not real happy with them. It seems overly difficult to remove the mags. I was using Pmags and some thermold cheapos. Really tight in there. Maybe they just need broken in? I would guess it would work better with plain aluminum mags. I'm going to get a pair of tacos and try them out.

Interesting, I am trying to avoid buying two sets. Did you get the single magazine pouches?

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I got these double mag pouches. Luckily I bought them off Ebay for like $12 for the pair of them.

What do you use the two little loops in the front of that for? just curious. They look like they are made for two single shot gun rounds, elastic cord, lip balm?

10036-4_front_350x350.jpg

Top Bottom