• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Locked&Loaded

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Morgan County Indiana
    I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place that sells Tactical Vests that hold body armor plating. I am a Police Officer and all the ones I have found online are ones that are made of mesh and don't have slots to hold armor plating. Just want to exhaust all my options before I spend the $140 at SRJCO.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    I have no doubt that they exist, but from personal experience I haven't seen one cut to modern plates, only small square steel or 2nd soft layer trauma pads.

The issued soft carriers were mesh inside but heavy nylon outside, similar to this:
    Velocity Systems
    but even then the guys had to go out in town and have velcro top pockets sewn on to hold SAPI's. :twocents:

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place that sells Tactical Vests that hold body armor plating. I am a Police Officer and all the ones I have found online are ones that are made of mesh and don't have slots to hold armor plating. Just want to exhaust all my options before I spend the $140 at SRJCO.

Are you looking for an external carrier to hold your soft armor panels or hard plates?

Here are some nice options for external carriers that hold soft armor panels:

Point Blank Body Armor is the world's leading manufacturer of Body Armor for Law Enforcement Agencies, the Military and Corrections professionals.
    Point Blank Body Armor is the world's leading manufacturer of Body Armor for Law Enforcement Agencies, the Military and Corrections professionals.

jguniforms.com
    jguniforms.com

EXTERNAL ASSAULT SHELL W/ POCKET at Galls

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Probably the best one i have found for soft armor worn outside is the PPI molle carrier. PPE MOLLE Load Bearing Vest at Galls They are usually 400.00 so this is a pretty good deal on them at $194. This carrier also has provisions for hard plates though i'd use another vendor for those. PPI just recently took over Paraclete who makes some of the best hard armor carriers (that i've worn). Tactical tailor gets some good reviews too.

If you would like to try the one listed above and feel like driving to indy, send me a PM.

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    I went to a place in chicago called nates uniform for my external vest carrier for my IIIA. Jguniforms is supposed to be good as well.

I dont know if either does one for hard rifle plates or not but you can always call and ask them

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    L&L, are you looking for MOLLE for soft armor, pouches and ID panels like a raid vest, or something slimmer for rifle plates for an active shooter rig? There's a plethora of choices out there dependent upon your needs.

I may have something that will work for you. PM me for questions if you want.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pistolpete68
    Top Bottom