• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you take the risk and buy sight unseen?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    It's Friday, lets see some pics!!!

I wish. Dropped off the cash to my gfriend last night. He works third shift and should be home and asleep now. Hopefully he will call me late afternoon with the news and I should pick it up after work.

Of course the seller might have flaked, she did once before. :rolleyes:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Well met up with my friend last night. Turns out it's a Norinco SKS. Actually a very nice one in excellent condition but without a bayonette or cleaning rod, but not the AK I was hoping for. My friend and I had discussed this contingencey and he made her a fair(ish:D) cash offer for the SKS. It now sits next to its cousins in the safe.

Apparently she kept insisting it was an AK as that is what her son told her. He pulled up a pic of an AK on his phone, showed it to her then pointed to where it says "SKS" on the rifle.

Last edited:

Hoosierhunter97

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    I have to say no. You never know what you will be getting as you indicated. 400 dollars can quickly turn into a helluva lot more in no time with an AK

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I wouldn't buy it because it is not her rifle to sell. It belongs to her ex-husband.
    I saw it happen before. When I did gun shows years ago a women sold one of her ex-husbands guns and he went to the police and she told them who she sold it to. They came and picked up the gun and returned it to him.
    And the buyer was left to try to get his money back...which he never did.
    There is more to think about than buying unseen. The ex may still have the receipt.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I wouldn't buy it because it is not her rifle to sell. It belongs to her ex-husband.
    I saw it happen before. When I did gun shows years ago a women sold one of her ex-husbands guns and he went to the police and she told them who she sold it to. They came and picked up the gun and returned it to him.
    There is more to think about than buying unseen. The ex may still have the receipt.

What are they going to do break in your house based on her word?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What are they going to do break in your house based on her word?
    Eh, they can break in your house based on less than that these days (aka warrantless no-knock search). But as 2cool said, if he has the receipt with the serial number, and she's got nothing, then they probably would return it to him if he pushed the issue.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN

Apparently he is long since out of the picture and deceased. If he rises from the dead I have zombie ammo and will shoot him with his own SKS.

Top Bottom