• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I had my first one about a week ago and was underwhelmed. I guess that with all the hype around it I was sorta setup for that happening. Had not been to McDonald's in a while.. those fries are good!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Bologna, spam, hotdogs, summer sausage....oh, I know those delicious little vienna sausages with the jelly like greasy coating. Hmmmm. Nothing better on a saltine with a little hot sauce. :): I had me a McRib last weekend and it was delicious. Honestly what is in the sandwich is probably better then the what is in the hamburgers.

As a side note I don't care for the Chicken McNuggets which are nothing more then fried chicken butts.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I'm fanatic for tripe, but like most things I prefer it in non-restructured form.

Throw a handful in a bowl of pho broth and I'll be pushing people out of the way.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    And people wonder why im vegan...

Floor scrapings from a meat packing plant do not = quality food. That should have nothing to do with whether or not someone eats meat. IF I'm going to have ribs, it'll be beef ribs (can't stand pork ribs). When I have a burger, it is never the lowest quality meat or meat substitute. Low quality meat products taste like garbage. McDonald's tastes like garbage. Almost all fast food tastes like garbage.

It is pretty easy, buy real food and enjoy the flavor. Don't cover it in salt, ketchup, grease, and sauces to produce flavor.

MarinerFan

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Alexandria, Indiana
    Well, I was going to try one for the first time but now I don't think so!
    barf.gif

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    Floor scrapings from a meat packing plant do not = quality food. That should have nothing to do with whether or not someone eats meat. IF I'm going to have ribs, it'll be beef ribs (can't stand pork ribs). When I have a burger, it is never the lowest quality meat or meat substitute.

It is not floor scraps. McRib is what is know as whole hog product, but it is not a hog, it is usually a sow. Market hogs are the cute 150#'s that all of yous cuts come from chops, ribs, hams, shoulders etc (even bacon).

Sows that produce the market hogs are too big and the meat a little fatty for todays standards, so the sows are completely dismembered and reformulated into your breakfast patties and McRibs. Nothing wrong with it, and there is no "floor scarps" or offal. The offal is usually exported to Asia, they cannot get enough organ meats or pigs ears.

from someone who know the industry

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    When I was 18, I used to work at the old Rath Meat Packing company before they went bankrupt. I worked in shipping and got to make frequent trips into the plant. I can tell you this, that place was clean, and there was more than one occasion that we refused shipments because of dirty unwashed refrigerated trailers.

This was the early 80's and there was no playing around when it came to sanitary conditions.

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    Big difference! You probably didn't inject god knows what into it, hire the dumbest people on the planet to cook it for you, and start an ad campaign pushing a liberal, one world philosophy before eating it.

Could you enlighten me about their ad campaign? I just recently have gotten TV service, and have missed out on most commercials in the last decade.

I also get a :laugh: about the blatant ridiculousness of these websites:

http://www.365black.com
    Myinspirasian.com - McDonald's Asian Consumer Site
    MeEncanta.com

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I didn't follow the link and have no desire too. The McRib is an excellent sandwich. I look forward toward their release each year. I will continue to enjoy them when they are available. I think a lot of this crap is released by PETA or radical Vegans.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    It is not floor scraps. McRib is what is know as whole hog product, but it is not a hog, it is usually a sow. Market hogs are the cute 150#'s that all of yous cuts come from chops, ribs, hams, shoulders etc (even bacon).

Sows that produce the market hogs are too big and the meat a little fatty for todays standards, so the sows are completely dismembered and reformulated into your breakfast patties and McRibs. Nothing wrong with it, and there is no "floor scarps" or offal. The offal is usually exported to Asia, they cannot get enough organ meats or pigs ears.

from someone who know the industry

What he said.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Interesting article, and doesn't sway my liking for them. It is a bit of a novelty, and is a nice change of pace in the normal burger world.

I think what some folks do misunderstand about processed meats like this is that many of the meat parts put in are just as edible, and usually more nutritious than the more popular cuts many of us enjoy.

:+1:

Meat is meat is meat.
    Scrap meat is made of the same stuff as a filet. :twocents:
    Organs meats are good as well, just a little different flavor and texture.

Mmmmmmm Meat.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Top Bottom