• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I use one of those "car vault" style mini "safes". They are metal, so the can't crack, they have a cable lock so you can lock them to your luggage, since the lock is integral, you can't just bolt cut the lock off or break the plastic around the lock. I know these can be pried open, but I feel like it would be harder to sneakily get open.

Jones1776

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 29, 2020
    fort wayne
    Flying with a gun is easy just make sure to check your specific airlines website to make sure you comply with their specific rules, there are some slight variations from airline to airline

grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    I flew Denver to Chicago, had a 22 rifle, checked it and everything was fine until I landed and it came out with every body else’s bags in the baggage claim, and went around a few times with people awkwardly looking around to see who would grab it. My case was also missing a latch. Other than that everything was smooth. As previously stated, don’t take something nice

I had a similar situation where my rifle case came out with the regular baggage, whereas previously it was by claim with oversized baggage (same airline). Funny thing, I was asked what I was hunting, and I said prairie dogs, which got a shocked look... lol.

Anyway, it was a smooth process but it did make me worry about losing a nice rifle.

Top Bottom