• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    I have used other rental companies, but I prefer Enterprise. Usually my rentals are for work and they many times upgrade the vehicle from a standard to:
    1: F150
    2: F250
    3. Infinity G60
    4. Cadillac CTS
    5. Dodge 1500
    6. Some other Full size vehicle.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    How would someone get the best rate through Enterprise?
    I need to rent in a few weeks to put a car in the body shop.

Check prices online....

Call your local Enterprise or two and ask them directly. Mention your insurance company. May have a discount that way.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    This wouldn't be too applicable in many cases, but it is such an unusual thing that I just have to share it.

I recently rented a car in Reims, France from Europcar. I paid several months in advance for 3 days at a total of $120. Picked up the car, used it for 3 days, returned it at a different location without any issues.

About a week after I got home I received the final statement from them. Totally unknown to me, they had dropped their rates in between the time I paid for the car and the time I picked it up. Consequently, the final bill was for $90 for the 3 days. They credited my credit card the $30 difference without me ever asking. I simply can't imagine a US company doing that.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Well, here's the next chapter although this one is not about rental cars. The photos I sent to State Farm via their app resulted in a payment of $2400. Grill, bumper, fender, headlight, various trim pieces. I drove the truck until my appointment at the body shop. Just got a call from the body shop informing me there is MUCH MORE damage than can be seen. I expected there would be more but not to this extent. The radiator and trans cooler are both damaged beyond repair. Braces, brackets, and mounts for all the above mentioned items are bent or broken of course. They think the left front frame horn is bent as well. They will put it on a frame rack and take measurements to be sure. What was originally thought to be a 4-5 day repair is now more like 3-4 weeks. Damdeer!

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Well, here's the next chapter although this one is not about rental cars. The photos I sent to State Farm via their app resulted in a payment of $2400. Grill, bumper, fender, headlight, various trim pieces. I drove the truck until my appointment at the body shop. Just got a call from the body shop informing me there is MUCH MORE damage than can be seen. I expected there would be more but not to this extent. The radiator and trans cooler are both damaged beyond repair. Braces, brackets, and mounts for all the above mentioned items are bent or broken of course. They think the left front frame horn is bent as well. They will put it on a frame rack and take measurements to be sure. What was originally thought to be a 4-5 day repair is now more like 3-4 weeks. Damdeer!

Ack, that's no fun! Body damage almost always comes out to be more because of stuff like that... we can fix this part but then it won't line up with that part and if we fix that part it won't line up with another part...

Only time I rented through Hertz not through work (on the corp account it works great... they love us for the volume at hubs lol) I ordered a mid-size car and they gave the 6-5 270lb me a fiesta. Are you effing serious?

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    My wife got in a fender bender about 6 months ago, and insurance paid for a rental car for the 5 days the body shop had our car. I went to Enterprise and they had a Nissan Altima reserved for me, paid by my insurance. They had it ready out front but they said they could change vehicles if I wanted to. Ended up with a Cadillac CTS, and paid about $20/day out of pocket. Man that was fun to drive!

Always had good luck with Enterprise.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    My other half wanted to rent a van to take the boy child and his buddies to Great Wolf back in the winter. The online prices were OK, but I stopped in to the Enterprise office in the area I work and asked for a price to rent a van. They beat the online price by a good amount and were super easy to work with. I'll choose Enterprise every time if I have a choice.

I also work with rental companies through work on an infrequent basis, not renting from them, but I do recover a good amount of stolen rental cars (mostly non-returns, not stolen outright). Enterprise and their loss-prevention folks are much easier to work with than the others, which some have put me on hold for literally hours trying to figure out what to do.

Top Bottom