• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Right now, the closest thing I have is my composite Leek with stainless steel scales. And I think that I may want something along these lines.

Not too "gentlemanly" - but certainly an uptick (in my eyes) from my Kershaw Rake or my ZT0350 that are my general go-to knives.

What would fall into that category for you? Some of the Lionsteel stuff?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    2013-11-20_10-42-12_138_zps377bfb82.jpg

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Budget: less than CRK. 50% of that would be the absolute MAX.

I like the look of that Al Mar!

The Pease is Purdy, too. Way out of my league, though.

Suppose I should state that I'm looking for a folder with some kind of locking mechanism - and that I'm not keen on the locks that Benchmade utilizes...from an ergonomics standpoint.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Case pocket knifes are classy. Not a pocket clip though.

Agreed, I received one as a graduation gift. Exactly like the knife my grandfather has carried for over 20 years! To me as at least it has a good "feel" to it.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I think a Spyderco firefly, domino, Bradley, or techno would fit the bill fine.
    Definitely look into Lionsteel as well and see if anything trips your trigger.
    And it looks like ZT is coming out with some smaller folders that may fit the bill as well.

They're nice enough looking and small enough that people won't be scared of them. That would be the main thing I'd be looking for in something to wear with a suit or slacks if you don't want to get into traditionals and don't want to spend as much as a CRK.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County

You hit two opposite ends of the quality spectrum withIn a post :laugh:

If your wanting a slip joint, I really like the North Woods stuff. Something that's a bit more modern, but not over the top, hard to beat a small Sebenza. My personal "Gentlemans Knife" is my Emerson Gentleman Jim. Pretty classy knife, especially considering it's coming from Emerson.
    GENTLEMAN JIM Archives - Emerson Knives Inc.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    You hit two opposite ends of the quality spectrum withIn a post :laugh:

Ain't that the truth.

I think that Emerson is pretty nice, but to me, any true Gentleman's knife must include a wooden, stag or ivory handle. I just can't picture any OG worth his salt carrying a pocket knife with a synthetic or composite handle.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I started carrying pocket knifes back in middle school. Carried an Uncle Henry for years. Nice looking but inexpensive.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Ain't that the truth.

I think that Emerson is pretty nice, but to me, any true Gentleman's knife must include a wooden, stag or ivory handle. I just can't picture any OG worth his salt carrying a pocket knife with a synthetic or composite handle.

I think the use of those materials puts that feel into the knife for sure. Anytime you can find a pretty wood that's where it's at!
    That fallkniven you posted is amazing, I dig cocobolo!

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I had a Lionsteel, good, strong knife, but IMO, too clunky to be considered a "gentlemans" knife.

I generally think of a Chris Reeve small Sebenza or a Mnandi.

Lots of cool, small midtechs popping up that, to me, would classify too. I think the new ZT 0808 kind of classifies as one.

With a lot of cool, unique options, I think the Mnandi fits the description well

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I started carrying pocket knifes back in middle school. Carried an Uncle Henry for years. Nice looking but inexpensive.

I carried Uncle Henry's or Cases to school every day. I remember the teacher needing to cut something and asked who had a pocket knife. Nearly every male raised their hands...

Top Bottom