• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hotwired

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    I have just became my Dad. My eyes have gone bad in the last 2 months. Went to the eye doc last week and I had to get bifocals. Never had to have glasses ever. Doc said that I am not going blind, just that I am getting OLD! Great, that is awesome, what is going to go next? At least now that I picked up the glasses I can read the reloading books.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I have just became my Dad. My eyes have gone bad in the last 2 months. Went to the eye doc last week and I had to get bifocals. Never had to have glasses ever. Doc said that I am not going blind, just that I am getting OLD! Great, that is awesome, what is going to go next?
    Always remember to wear your underwear:):
    Add CC a spare pair!

doubleshock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    hamilton county
    As my Dad ( a non-drinker, non-smoker, non-cusser, church going, WWII vet, now 87 yo.) once said to me after my rant on my own aches and pains and debilities....."getting old ain't for pussies!" Nuf said, Pop!

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    As my Dad ( a non-drinker, non-smoker, non-cusser, church going, WWII vet, now 87 yo.) once said to me after my rant on my own aches and pains and debilities....."getting old ain't for pussies!" Nuf said, Pop!
    Yeah, those old vets are tough.:ar15: My WWll vet dad died a couple of years ago at 90. He had skin cancer, prostate cancer, stroke induced hearing and vision difficulties, and congestive heart failure. He never complained once!
    He set the bar pretty darn high....I hope I can come close, because I'm really feeling the effects of my age, (and I can't stand whining.) :)

Hotwired

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    So do they make bifocal shooting glasses or are they necessary? Have not tried looking through a scope yet.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    So do they make bifocal shooting glasses or are they necessary? Have not tried looking through a scope yet.

If I use a red-dot with glasses on it does weird things with the dot. So far I haven't needed bifocals (yet :rolleyes:) so I don't know about a regular scope. I normally only need reading glasses to see stuff up close when my arms aren't long enough.

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    I have just became my Dad. My eyes have gone bad in the last 2 months. Went to the eye doc last week and I had to get bifocals. Never had to have glasses ever. Doc said that I am not going blind, just that I am getting OLD! Great, that is awesome, what is going to go next? At least now that I picked up the glasses I can read the reloading books.

Congratulations, you are now a Geezer Trainee

Top Bottom