• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I have to enter into negotiations to get my phone to initiate a call, and picking up a call from someone else requires a movement I'm unable to do with my glutes. The boss, whether through paranoia or knowledge that he doesn't score respect from his employees, was listening in on a conversation a polite person should not have. If there's recording going on, know the laws of your state. IN is, once again, most generous.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Let’s see - regardless of how this guy’s boss found out, the boss now knows that he has a disgruntled employee who, at best, holds his boss in low esteem. Further, if the guy is willing to talk to his wife about him, he’s probably also capable of talking to fellow employees and undermining his boss’ authority. So, as a boss I guess I have two options. (1) talk with the employee and try to learn about why he is disgruntled or (2) talk to the guy and tell him he is fired. Don’t know if it is an “at will” state like Indiana, but he can fire the employee at his discretion. The employee, given a choice, should not have resigned. At the very least he would have received unemployment compensation. Having resigned I would assume he gets nothing.

Have you considered the possibility that employees normally complain about the boss at some point? Yeah, they may always say nice things about them when they are around, but that's because they are the boss. That doesn't make them disgruntled employee's that must be fired. Your description covers pretty much everyone I have ever worked with at some point, it's what people do. Everybody has a complaint about something, even if they really like the boss; the boss just normally doesn't get to hear it. In fact, my experience has been that the people that praise the boss the most when he/she is around are the ones saying the nastiest things about them behind their back.

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    “Heh honey, My friend named his Wife boss in his phone. So he says ‘hey Siri, call boss’ and it calls her. Which reminds me, I hate my boss. He’s a jerk”

did the guy know he called his boss before the meeting? If not then the boss hung up.

kms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    "Talking out your butt..."
    When I read the title, I had a whole different idea of what this thread might be about.

It reminded me of something my dad used to tell people round him if he caught them farting.
    He would tell them, "Well, your voice is changing, but your breath smells the same!" :lmfao:

I never heard that one before! THAT'S FUNNY!!

Rarejewell

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2015
    Metro Indy
    IANAL - Just because a guy is willing to talk to his wife doesn't mean he is willing to talk to his fellow employees. This is faulty logic. People share things with their spouses they don't share with others. Furthermore what would be the reason for termination? It might be an at will state but there are additional protections for government employees. just my thoughts.

Oh and "What is the reason for termination? Ok let me speak to my legal representation and I will let you know how I will be moving forward."

Fiddle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Fishers
    Why do you keep saying "He called his boss!" Actually, no, he didn't. His phone did and without his knowledge. That's why it's called a butt dial. If the law supports it, this guy has a case and should win.

Phones don't call people - - - People call People. It's same logic as "Guns don't kill people - - People kill people"

Top Bottom