• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Bloomington
    I have a boring question for all of you. Does anyone know how to date a Tanfoglio TA 76? I know that it is cheap and of little to no value, but it shoots well and it is a great tackle box gun. I am curios to know the age. Serial is 853257.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Couldn't find a date list but this might be interesting to you.

From another site:

he Tanfoglio TA76 was imported from Italy in the 70's by EXCAM of Hialeah, Florida. They came in blued and chromed - mine is chromed. Grips are black or white plastic - mine has the white (now yellowed with age).
    It is the direct ancestor of the current US-made Heritage Arms Roughrider - the cylinder 'almost' fits!
    The TA-76 is a good budget-priced .22LR/.22MAG revolver - definitely not junk. I paid $25 on a private sale, and recently saw a couple at the gunshow priced at $125.
    Accuracy is okay - fully as good as my Dad's .22LR High Standard Doublenine and my buddy's Roughrider. I have outshot a guy here at the range using a longer-barreled Ruger Singlesix - due to his lack of experience more so than gun quality.
    Some folks don't like the manual safety on a single-action revolver, but I like it - it allows me to safely 'dry fire' it without damage.
    The frame is the 'Zamak Alloy (zinc), and the barrel and cylinders are steel. It's more than strong enough for the .22LR and Magnum loads.
    The trigger is pretty good for a cheaper gun. I did end up modifying the sights - a Colt 1911 rear sight (had to file open the dovetail) and a Marlin .22 rifle front sight. Looks funky, but it works for me! And I'm not worried about adversely affecting "collector value".
    Since mine looks like a sixties kid's 'capgun', I have enhanced that image with a funky little western holster with big silver studs. I was once shooting the primer-only Colibri loads from it - "pop, pop, pop".
    A guy asks me what kind of 'pellet pistol' I had? I popped in the .22MAG cylinder, and "BANG!" I told him, "A good one!"

TanfoglioTA-76LtSide.JPG

Top Bottom