• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilotof727s

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2014
    New Palestine
    I usually check my forums that I follow on the Tapatalk app on my phone. I tried looking up INGO on there but can't find it. Is this group not on Tapatalk?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Its a dedicated locally installed forum app as I recall. It interacts with the forum software slightly differently than using a web browser. I believe the forum owner needs to integrate it with the app. I think Fenway did as I distinctly remember that being an option when I first accessed this place from my phone many moons ago.

With our new overlord he probably didnt integrate it after moving the code base to his server.

Edit: OP, this site was recently sold to another owner. As in the last 30 days or so. Hopefully that makes my original comment make more sense.

68NOVA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2016
    nwi
    Had to Google this taptalk you speak of....

Edit: I've deleted and disabled almost all apps currently on this device already.

It would be wrong to start back.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Tapatalk is a very nice app. The security concerns have been addressed and are no worse than using any other browser. It does have some nice benefits. Maybe our new owner would reconsider. INGO is now blocked for me while at work even on our guest connection. Viewing posts on my phone are not easy and I zoom in and miss the ads anyway. Tapatalk ads view inline and look like thread posts. You don't miss them. That's a hint BTW... ;)

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I think the name is stupid, so I never downloaded it.

p.s. I do like tap dancing, so don't take that the wrong way.

texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Administrator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Sanger
    Agreed, Mike likely had several reasons of not using it, Many forum owners have even decided to close theirs down for various reasons. Not likely to jump on board again.

pilotof727s

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2014
    New Palestine
    I think it would be worth looking into. It makes things a lot easier to view and you don't have to worry about using the browser or certain settings. I haven't been on my other 2 forums' actual website in over a year because the app is so much easier to navigate.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Agreed, Mike likely had several reasons of not using it, Many forum owners have even decided to close theirs down for various reasons. Not likely to jump on board again.

I will not install a program on my phone just to use a forum. I hate tap talk. Some of the forums I use have it. I don't use them mobile now.

Kevin, I hope you keep things like they are! JMHO.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    The best thing about it is it's an option that you don't need to use. Everything looks the same if you want to stick with your mobile web browser.

Top Bottom