Tapco Intrafuse vs ATI Strikeforce stocks input?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I want to replace the stocks on both my SKS and my 10/22. I'm considering Tapco's Intrafuse and ATI's Strikeforce stocks. The Tapco is a little cheaper, Cathy and I both like the looks of the ATI and the adjustable cheekpiece.

I'm thinking of using the same type of stock for both guns, so any first hand input on either would be appreciated.

Tapco:
    TAPCO - INTRAFUSE? Standard 10/22 Stock System - Olive Drab

TAPCO - INTRAFUSE? SKS Stock System, Railed - Dark Earth

ATI:
    ATI's Strikeforce Fixed Stock

ATI Ruger 10/22 Strikeforce Fixed Stock

Joedirt82

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Westfield
    I would have to say that the ATI's stocks are better in my opinion. They just seem better built. built to last. And they simply dont feel as cheap as the tapco ones. I have had several of each, and I have finally made up my mind to go with ATI's from now on

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I put a tapco stock on a friends sks and i really wasn't impressed. I recently put a SG works stock on my sks and i think it's great and only a few bucks more.

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    I'm putting the strikeforce on my ak74 right now. It will take some fitting to make it work but it looks rugged enough for range work.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    No experience with teh TAPCO, but I've got a modified ATI on my Ruger AC556. it's held up great to a few thousand rounds of full auto .223. Did lose the side rails but they weren't really torqued down. the top rail has a small red dot on it and has stayed put. I did melt the front of the handguard a bit, but that was after a few hundred rounds of pretty quick firing. I liked the combo folding/collapsige featureof teh ATI and the whole buttstock assembly is adjustable up/down by about a quarter inch. Worked perfect for my red dot and I didn't need to add the bulky cheek riser.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Joe I purchased an ATI strikeforce stock for my sons 10/22CRR. I made this decision based upon the input of an INGO member who is really into the 10/22 platform. The stock is adjustable and folds. I had to modify it a bit because of the rear fiber optic sight on the 10/22, the standard rear sight will fit fine. You will have to mount a scope of reddot sight because the stock covers up the rear sight. The rails will accommodate attachments like my M3 light or a vertical grip. I would also recommend and extended mag release to go along with this stock. I really like the looks and feel of this stock.

Cons - You have to take out several screws to tear the rifle down for cleaning. I solved this problem by just not cleaning the guns. ;)

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I've got an ATI folding stock on my Ruger Mini-14 and a Tapco folding stock on my AK. The ATI stock works well (except for having to unscrew the forward top handguard to clean it the weapon) but the folding stock/handgrip doesn't fit my (left-handed) grip well, due to the placement of the stock hinge. It has, however, held up pretty well and seems sturdy enough. I've used the AK with a Tapco folding stock more than the Mini-14 this year. The folder locks up pretty well, but I had a piece break off the hinge-lock assembly a few weeks ago. Tapco sent me a replacement immediately. We'll see how it works out.

Top Bottom