• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Juday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Greetings. I'm looking to see what knowledge the forum has on a Taran Tactical Combat Master Glocks, specifically the G45. What do you think they're worth used and if it would be worth adding one to my collection? I know it's a costly venture, but I'm trying to determine that fine line where the point of diminishing return sits. I am not familiar with the used market on TTI firearms and certainly don't want to dig a hole. Let me know your thoughts.

Pic for reference:

Attachments

• TTI G45.jpg
      TTI G45.jpg
      66.3 KB · Views: 22

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I like TT and their guns are certainly nice, but IMHO you are paying a LOT for Taran's name on the slide. Especially with the glocks. Some specialty coated parts, a polished trigger, slide/optic cuts and some hand stippling. All those things are easily added to a glock without paying for the TT badge.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Taran is an awful human being, for starters.

And as noted above, I feel most of the Gucci Glocks are a waste, even when they’re collabs from worthwhile guys like Aaron Cowan of Sage Dynamics. I don’t care WHAT you do to a Glock, it’s never going to be worth $2500 to me. They’re $550 or so new. Wait for a sale or buy lightly used and you get the gun, an optics cut, the optic itself, new irons, and a stipple job of your choice all for less than $1500 (often much less). The fancy gold plated barrels and such do little to nothing to affect performance/reliability.

Build your own and save. And don’t support that sleazy creep Taran…

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Taran is an awful human being, for starters.

And as noted above, I feel most of the Gucci Glocks are a waste, even when they’re collabs from worthwhile guys like Aaron Cowan of Sage Dynamics. I don’t care WHAT you do to a Glock, it’s never going to be worth $2500 to me. They’re $550 or so new. Wait for a sale or buy lightly used and you get the gun, an optics cut, the optic itself, new irons, and a stipple job of your choice all for less than $1500 (often much less). The fancy gold plated barrels and such do little to nothing to affect performance/reliability.

Build your own and save. And don’t support that sleazy creep Taran…
    I am ignorant on this guy? Why sleezy?

sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill
    Now I'm curious.

Never really a "fan," but I have seen some snippets here and there. I do remember him trotting out some western bloc brunette who obviously didn't really know much about shooting yet stuck her in a tight dress and she was like an OMG echo chamber to the dude. I think she thinks he's her ticket to John Wick 7 Return of the Gun.

Juday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    I do want to clarify that I would be looking at a used version of this model. Like you, I am certainly not paying new prices for them. Yes, I realize it's a Glock, but like most things in the firearm world, there is a niche market out there that wants them and will pay for them. I am just trying to figure out what that number is and what to stay under to avoid going upside down.

I just don't know the market on TTI guns and there is no information out there on used pricing for them.

sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill
    I do want to clarify that I would be looking at a used version of this model. Like you, I am certainly not paying new prices for them. Yes, I realize it's a Glock, but like most things in the firearm world, there is a niche market out there that wants them and will pay for them. I am just trying to figure out what that number is and what to stay under to avoid going upside down.

I just don't know the market on TTI guns and there is no information out there on used pricing for them.
    There's a market out there that wants them and will pay for them yet you can't find any pricing info on them?

Of all the stuff I've bought and sold thinking this will hold value you know what I've learned? It's all clever marketing to get me to part with $. It's all a marketing ploy.

The sooner that is learned the more $ you will have. After all, we trade our most valuable resource for it. Time.

NoAdmiration

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    I'm not familiar with this gun but I'm slightly annoyed that a competition shooter would use the name combat master. In my mind, that name is forever associated with Detonics and the real combat masters who designed that gun back in the day, a few of whom I knew personally.

I've heard Taran Tactical described as the bunny ranch of the gun industry and I have not seen much to dissuade that observation. He is a very accomplished gamer but far too Californian for my taste. Everything about him comes off as a sleazy Hollywood guy to me.

I wouldn't own anything with his name on it, even though John Wick is still cool.

Last edited:

Juday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    There's a market out there that wants them and will pay for them yet you can't find any pricing info on them?

Of all the stuff I've bought and sold thinking this will hold value you know what I've learned? It's all clever marketing to get me to part with $. It's all a marketing ploy.

The sooner that is learned the more $ you will have. After all, we trade our most valuable resource for it. Time.

Yes, there is a market out there for them (hence his popularity and why he is still in the business making them). Also, researching/finding used pricing on them is difficult because most do not part with them.

G192127

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 19, 2018
    Shelbyville
    "Collecting" a Glock is NEVER going to make you any money. Especially one that's been dolled up. One that IS worth hanging onto is the .45 ambi-mag release one- only 1500 of them were made and most got sent back on recall...

sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill
    Yes, there is a market out there for them (hence his popularity and why he is still in the business making them). Personally liking the guy, or not, has nothing to do with pricing. Also, finding used pricing on them is difficult because most do not part with them.
    Hmm, ok. I'll wager a guess.

Whatever the cost of a new pistol and parts at current market rate divided by 2. Used is used, I don't care what you're selling. Internet commandos and John Wick fans might pay more, but most know better (as you can tell by the responses you're getting). If you've got the $ and that's what blows your hair back go for it. If you're thinking this is a viable "side-hustle reselling gig" I think you're in for a rude awakening.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield

You are firmly in the speculating on guns future value camp. Good luck with figuring out a value , I would say barring a huge Keanu scandal happening any gun connected to the John Wick series is "blue chip" firearm.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    If you are thinking of buying and it increasing in value, bad idea. If you want something to shoot you can probably build better for half what a used one would be on GB.. If you want to put something together to shoot and have questions PM me, I'll be happy to give you advice on what and where in the way of parts.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    The short version on Taran is that he was grooming young women and sexually abusing them. Several instances of grossly over the top behavior were caught on camera, and the dude got called on it but everybody has the attention span of a gnat these days when it comes to this stuff, it seems. Sure, he’s popular because he trains everyone in Hollywood and he seems good at it, but I want nothing to do with him or his ilk.

Take that for what you will.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Used or new I don't think TT Glock's are worth the price. I learned the lesson over the years and instead of dumping money into Glock's trying to make them something they are not. saved my pennies and got a higher quality handgun. with that said my Glock's are still my self defense tools but they have minimal mods and I learn to appreciate them for what they are and also what they are not.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    "Collecting" a Glock is NEVER going to make you any money. Especially one that's been dolled up. One that IS worth hanging onto is the .45 ambi-mag release one- only 1500 of them were made and most got sent back on recall...
    I will disagree slightly with this take. If you have a Gen 1 19 or 17 even, they are worth some coin. Even some of the niche models can carry a slightly higher than MSRP value.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Try to follow the used market and see what they routinely sell for. If the used market is stable, and you are confident of being able to recoup 95% of the purchase price when you sell, go for it. Have fun with it for a year or so, then move it on to someone else.

There's always risk in that, but only you know your own risk appetite. Think of it as being like buying a used Ferrari. Know the value of it ahead of the purchase, enjoy it for a while, and then move it along to the next buyer. Then, enjoy a lifetime of being able to say that you used to own a Ferrari (or TT) but decided to let it go.

The key is, will it hold value while you have it. If so, then the cost isn't that big of a deal.

Top Bottom