• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mvriley315

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    Mooresville
    Looking for some ideas about how to make a target stand that is sturdy, easy to assemble at the range, and will fit into a trunk of a car. I am thinking of something that is going to be mostly used for handguns. I don't have a pick-up so I can't assemble at home that is sturdy and easy to set up at the range. Any suggestions?

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Cardboard box.

Or cut and notch some 1x3's and fit it together at the range, then staple carboard backer in place.

brandonq2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Montgomery county
    I have a few 1x2's about 4' long that I cut an angle on one end. Pound a couple into the ground the same width as a poster board that I use for a target backer, staple poster to sticks, and attach targets. When you're ready to go just rock 'em side to side and they come out fairly easily.

Best part is if you damage them beyond use, they're very cheap and easy to duplicate.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Make a tall sawhorse like set. Should be easy enough.

You could also potentially use pvc. Probably more expensive than two 2x4's. (2.75 locally)

Or you could always shoot at helium filled ballons.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Take a 2x6 a couple feet long, nail a couple of blocks to the top spaced just far enough apart to wedge a tall length of cardboard into.

Plastic corrugated sheeting (political signs, etc) with a couple of rods pushed into the holes work nice too. Rural King sells a "kit" for $8 that will give you an idea.. but I'm sure you can find plenty of the political signs littered among the road.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Looking for some ideas about how to make a target stand that is sturdy, easy to assemble at the range, and will fit into a trunk of a car. I am thinking of something that is going to be mostly used for handguns. I don't have a pick-up so I can't assemble at home that is sturdy and easy to set up at the range. Any suggestions?

You can use any 'For Sale' sign with frame, like the ones to sell homes, or take take signs that are sticking in the ground on the street corner. Tape your paper target on, and yer GTG. I have one in my trunk now, and a bunch of stick-on high visibility targets.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Here you go!

Materials:
    1 - 8' 2x4 framing stud - $2
    1 - 8' 1x2 furring strip - $1
    8 - Deck Screws - $0.50

Cut the 2x4 into four 2 foot pieces. Square them up and screw them together. Leave a space to insert the furring strip. Cut the furring strip in half, staple card board and there you have it. It will tip over in the wind. My solution find a big rock and lay it on one side of the stand. Stand breaks down easily and fits fine into the truck of my car.

I accept wampum, ammo, cash, check or simple rep for using the copyright to this design.

2012-05-22_06-10-31_988.jpg

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Here you go!

Materials:
    1 - 8' 2x4 framing stud - $2
    1 - 8' 1x2 furring strip - $1
    8 - Deck Screws - $0.50

Cut the 2x4 into four 2 foot pieces. Square them up and screw them together. Leave a space to insert the furring strip. Cut the furring strip in half, staple card board and there you have it. It will tip over in the wind. My solution find a big rock and lay it on one side of the stand. Stand breaks down easily and fits fine into the truck of my car.

I accept wampum, ammo, cash, check or simple rep for using the copyright to this design.

2012-05-22_06-10-31_988.jpg

I must say this target stand works quite well:D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom