• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JustOneMore

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    Franklin
    I am considering going out to Wilber Wright to do a little plinkin, but have never been there. What do they have for target stands?:dunno:
    Will i just need the basics: Cardboard backer,Targets and stapler/tape??:dunno:

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    what is the orange card for?

At DNR run ranges you fill out this small orange card with your name,city/county where you're from and what range you're using(Wilbur Wright,Atterbuery,etc.) and which range you're shooting on(25yd, 50 yd, shotgun,etc.) You keep this card visible (pocket)while you shoot, drop it off in the box when you leave.This is supposed to keep track of use to allocate funds.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    At DNR run ranges you fill out this small orange card with your name,city/county where you're from and what range you're using(Wilbur Wright,Atterbuery,etc.) and which range you're shooting on(25yd, 50 yd, shotgun,etc.) You keep this card visible (pocket)while you shoot, drop it off in the box when you leave.This is supposed to keep track of use to allocate funds.
    I have been to Atterbury quite a few times this past year and they don't use the orange card system you refer to. Seems like most of the same info gets recorded on a less formal printed sheet on a clip board. Your name gets scratched off when you check out.

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Last time I was at Wilbur wright I was shootin clay pigeons With a friend and there's like 2 or 3 tables there. This guy and his wife brought a shotty with a scope, (I imigine for deer), he hand the shotty (loaded) to his wife and she flagged the hell out of us! Yelling and shouting their way insued...
    Keep your eyes open for retards when your there, that's for sure
    and that's all I have to say about that

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Saw a guy there with his gf/wife who was shooting a 22 rifle and she proceeded to kneel about 6 to 10 ft in front of the firing line. I was incredulous and yelled clear! Told the guy and her not to do that as it was unsafe. Another time I was there and some inbred dude was trying to teach his daughter to shoot. He had earmuffs on but was sticking his fingers in her ears and trying to get her to shoot. I had my cetme that day and saw her almost jump every time I fired! Normally I have extra earmuffs and would've loaned them but this ingrate was taking good care of himself at the detriment of his daughter. I was so angry that I went to the pistol range so I wouldn't say something but he left shortly thereafter no doubt he was uncomfortable from all of the dirty looks he was getting from all of us but probably not before he ruined the shooting sports for his daughter.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    I have been to Atterbury quite a few times this past year and they don't use the orange card system you refer to. Seems like most of the same info gets recorded on a less formal printed sheet on a clip board. Your name gets scratched off when you check out.

I stand corrected, haven't been there(Atterbury) for 9 years and they used the orange cards then.:ingo:

Todd Levesque

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Indy, North
    They now charge a lot to shot there. It is a beautiful range, newly built, semi enclosed. All in all, the nicest out door range I ever been to. just don't like to pay to use it....

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom