• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glennster

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 17, 2009
    They're not a bad gun, many would suggest that you spend a few more $'s and get a S&W. You get better overall quality and resale is better.
    Just my opinion.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Not a thing wrong with a Taurus.
    I own two Taurus models in .357mag. One is a model 607, 7-shot 4" ported barrel that has taken more than one deer.
    The other is a model 605, 5-shot total titanium 2" snubby that I CC
    Love them both

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    I have a 605 that I carry occasionally. First one had a problem before I even got it to the range but they replaced it with a new gun and this one has been flawless. I had the hammer bobbed for pocket carry.

Buckaroo

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I bought a used, but refurbished Taurus (only gun mistake I've made) 606 ported 2" .357 in polished stainless.
    One of the chambers in the cylinder is undersized and it takes force to remove that shell, while the other shells will fall out most of the time.
    The last trip to the range, the cylinder stopped rotating on one of the six chambers.

Other companies make much better...

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    Taurus owns Rossi, and both make spectacular firearms from my experience. I have owned both a Taurus pt111(9mm handgun) and a Rossi 2" snubbie in 357, and they were well built and well put together. Not a complaint with either.

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    I have always been a fan of Taurus guns. I have had a couple of them and never had a problem with any of them, as a matter of fact I carry a pt145 every time I walk out the door.

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've had my Rossi .357 for about 2 years now, and its by far my favorite revolver. I havent had ANY problems out of it besides some crappy ammo I bought at the range once. (FTF's). It maybe time to trade mine in though. I dont use it much anymore at the range.

SDC10030-2.jpg

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    I have a Taurus 617Ti 357 w/2" ported that I love. Holds seven rounds and since it is all titanium, it is just 19 oz. Very easy to carry, great grip. I bought it for my daughter but I haven't been able to part with it.

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    Bought a total titanium tracker, new. Found that the timing was off when I got home. Sent it back immediately, recieved it two months later with a big erosion mark across the cylinder face. Looked like some idiot tried to test fired it with the timing off or something of the sort. The timing was fixed and 5 cylinders locked up really tight, but 1 was loose. Took it to the range, put 12 rounds through it. The five tight cylinders were then as loose as the one oddball. Went and sold it for about half of what I paid for it. Too bad, I really wanted to like it. It was a 4", light, loud, but very pleasant recoil (ported), and was the perfect size. Just couldn't get past the other stuff.

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    I've had several Taurus handguns over the years (2 model 85s, a model 85ch, a model 850, a PT-99AFS and currently a model 66) and have never had a problem with any of them.

AverageMidwest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fishers
    Have heard mixed reports on Taurus, some folks like them a lot (as noted in previous responses), some folks can't stand them. I kind of like the suggestion about spending a few more bucks and getting a Smith. I picked up a used stainless four inch 686 for 420 at the 1500 a couple of years back and it was one of the best buys I've ever made. Accurate, dependable and eats any kind of ammo without complaint. One thing I can just about guarantee - a Smith will hold its value a WHOLE lot better than a Taurus or Rossi.

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    Have heard mixed reports on Taurus, some folks like them a lot (as noted in previous responses), some folks can't stand them. I kind of like the suggestion about spending a few more bucks and getting a Smith. I picked up a used stainless four inch 686 for 420 at the 1500 a couple of years back and it was one of the best buys I've ever made. Accurate, dependable and eats any kind of ammo without complaint. One thing I can just about guarantee - a Smith will hold its value a WHOLE lot better than a Taurus or Rossi.

Either that or get a Ruger for not very much more money and be set for life.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    You seem to be a fine fellow. I would recommend that you treat yourself to a Ruger or a used Smith & Wesson.

I say this becuase my experiences in owning several different Taurus products have been purely negative in regards to longevity and reliability. In my experiences both Ruger and S&W products have a better track record. When you factor in the price point of most Ruger products, I think they are the clear winner in the category.

Top Bottom