• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tocws2002

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    KY
    Father in law just purchased the Taurus 380 revolver and was wondering if there are aftermarket sites (rear) anyone would recommend for it.

Any suggestions or recommendations, especially for those that have first hand experience?

Thanks,

- jb

tocws2002

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    KY
    Thanks for the welcome, looking forward to participating in the forum.

The Taurus is the 380UL (.380 Ultra Lite) and has the "integral adjustable sight".

Thanks,

-jb

tocws2002

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    KY
    Taurus 380 Integral Sight.jpg

Here is a picture and description of the integral sight from the manual. Any idea if it can be upgraded or if some hi-vis paint/dots can be applied to help?

Thanks,

-jb

Last edited:

mike trible

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    I don't think that anyone makes anything for that model. Is the problem his eyesight, that he has trouble focusing on the sights? I have trouble my eyes won't focus on handgun sights or anything at arms length. I purchased some bifocal safety glasses that have the magnification in the top of the lens instead of the bottom. In shooting a handgun or my bow I can focus on the sights by just dipping my head down a little and look through the 'reader' portion of the glasses.

tocws2002

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    KY
    I am not exactly sure what the issue is, he just said he was having a hard time seeing/using the sights. Not sure if it's due to his eyesight/glasses or the dark sights. I originally recommended he put some hi-vis paint dots to see if that helps. Will let him know about the bifocal safety glasses and your technique.

Any recommendations on the bifocal safety glasses?

Thanks,

-jb

Top Bottom