• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rsadwa

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hello all. I have created a short and simple survey to try to collect input from current and past Taurus 709 Slim owners in order to summarize the reputation the 709 is building. This is partly an experiment to see if any valuable information can be put together using a survey in this manner. I will share results with INGO.

If you are a current or past 709 owner, I would appreciate you going to TAURUS 709 SLIM SATISFACTION SURVEY and completing the survey. Also, you can cut and paste the link in an email and send it to your contacts that might have experience with the 709.

This is my first try at something like this, so please be understanding and provide any constructive comments regarding the survey methodology or issues regarding the survey.

Link: TAURUS 709 SLIM SATISFACTION SURVEY

Thanks

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    If the survey is for PT709 owners and former owners, and answers to all questions are required, why is one of the responses to the first question "No, I have never owned a Taurus 709 Slim"? Wouldn't that answer invalidate the rest of the survey for your purposes?

You might consider removing the "never owned" option and replacing it with "do not own, but have borrowed/rented/test-fired" or something along those lines. Or you could make only the first answer required, and the others optional, so that a non-owner would not have to provide information on performance and reliability.

rsadwa

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the feedback shooter521. I do primarily want input from current or prior owners, but suspect that others will find their way to the survey. I have modified the survey to include two levels of "non-owners". Good suggestion.

rsadwa

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Indianapolis
    After I get a good sample of replies, I will post results on this forum so everyone can try to make sense of it. Thanks for your interest, and thanks to all who are completing the survey.

rsadwa

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Results - 709 Slim Survey

Collection of data for the survey is complete.

Please keep in mind that this survey is NOT a statistically designed sampling, and has biases (as an example, most of the respondents at one time felt that the Taurus 709 Slim was worth buying.) With that caution, I'll leave each of you to your own evaluation of the results.

A summary of the survey results is available at:
    Taurus 709 Slim Survey Summary - Google Docs

The raw survey results are available at:
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ag8QFPt2yGHPdGw2TUZUZnRNRFFmNUF5ajdmck4xYmc&hl=en

Please fell free to comment on your interpretation of the survey data.

FYI, I have a Taurus 709 Slim on a truck heading to my LGS/FFL. I hope to try a few rounds through it soon.

Thanks to all who responded.

Last edited:

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    i like the douche answer of fatal flaw= it's a taurus :) lolz

Yep - likely from someone who has NO experience what-so-ever with a 709. Probably paid double for that Kahr he has similar problems with! It always amazes me how ANY Taurus thread brings these guys out of the woodwork. What a great country we have where anybody can have an opinion! But it's just not worth my time to respond to these Taurus anti-fanboys.

rsadwa

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I put approximately 80 rounds through my new SS 709 with flawless handling of the winchester white box fmj. I did clean and LIGHTLY oil the gun before shooting it for the first time. The gun was very comfortable to shoot for such a small weapon. Perceived recoil was quite light and I'm anxious for my wife to shoot and give her opinion (currently she's only shot a 22). I picked up a used pocket holster when I picked the gun up at my lgs, and the gun is manageable as a pocket carry (I'm 6'1", 230#) with the right pants. Like others, I found that the gun shoots very low as received. I did SOME adjusting at the range, with not much success. I'll gibe this some real attention net time out. So far, I'm happy with the purchase ... OK, actually REALLY LIKE this gun.

Top Bottom